Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that there might be some previous threads probably on the same topic and I apologize in advance if there is but i just wanted to share my personal experience with this ammo. I picked up some ZQI 9mm 123grain fmj ammo at Wally world for $10 a bx of 50 just to give it a try. I do have to say that my xds9 doesn't discriminate, 200 rounds and not 1 FTF, it worked great with the cheap stuff as well as with the good stuff. I know that some people will say don't waste your money on that crap or Why would you buy that stuff but i had to see it for my self and like i said before my XDS worked like a champ. Now i can say that SA has definitively earned my outmost respect and that I'm glad i got such a great quality gun. If you've had any experience with this ammo please share it. Im new to the site and to shooting and I'm a strong believer that if you don't try it don't muck it. Live and learn.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Based on my research on various message boards, ZQI (based in Turkey) makes quality brass ammo. Earlier in the year, Walmart was only selling ZQI 9mm NATO rounds in an ammo can and it was overpriced. But during a recent visit I saw that Walmart was now selling individual boxes of ZQI in various calibers. They did not have any 9MM in stock when I visited. If you got ZQI 9mm with brass casings for $10, then that is a great deal.

I would be interested in knowing if the ZQI 9mm ammo you purchased was marked as a NATO round. As you know, NATO rounds are a stout, high pressure round that are comparable to but not the same as a +P round.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As stated before that is a great deal. Wally World sells the same ZQI ammo in 9mm here for a really over priced $23 a box.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
I bought a bunch of the 5.56. It's 9.97+tax for a box of 30rds over here. Haven't shot any yet, but when I do I'll post a update.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ammo it self was not marked NATO but the packaging was. I liked the way it fired and really can't go wrong with the price so i went and go a few more boxes last night.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I bought a bunch of the 5.56. It's 9.97+tax for a box of 30rds over here. Haven't shot any yet, but when I do I'll post a update.
I've tried the 5.56 and they work fine. At $10 for 30, that was something I had to try.

As for the 9mm... I hadn't tried it yet because they were costing more than Federal Champions. If they're down to $10/Box, I'll need to try them too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went last night to buy a can of 1200. When the cashier told me it was $497 I was shocked. I'm no rocket scientist but if a box of 50 is $9.97 and i can buy 20 boxes for $199.40 why would I pay an extra $298.59 just to get a can. When i told him that didn't make sense he said, so you don't want it? To which i replied maybe another day! and left.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think the single boxes of ZQI 9mm ammo at your Walmart are mispriced at $9.97 per box, especially considering it is NATO brass ammo. Mispriced items at Walmart are often corrected fairly quickly. With that said, I did see ZQI AR rounds priced at $10/box during last night's visit.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
One of the Walmarts I go to has the ZQI 9mm priced $12.97/50rds. Not bad, theres this other brand called Perfecta @13.97/50rds and the FC is still like $14 and some change/50rds.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't even look in Walmart anymore. Online, the deals are there. I recently ordered a case of 1k rounds of 9mm Speer Lawman FMJ for just over $13/ box, delivered. I'm sure there are even better deals to be found.

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Have never seen ZQ1 at that price, that's why I've never tried it. Tried Perfecta and it was ok but lots of black ash on my forearm... no thanks. Picked up some Federal Aluminum case 9mm for $11 so will see how that shoots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts