Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the firing range to shoot my new XDm. 40 while waiting on the background check paperwork to clear (state police is taking its good ole time). It's supposed to be 7 day waiting period. Monday will be day 11.

Anywho, first time shooting this gun, went through a box of 50 rounds within 20 mins. Damn this is addictive.

Killed me a zombie from around 7 yards out to 12 yards.

·
Registered
17,715 Posts
Do zombies carry meat cleavers?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Glad I live in state with a 10 minute background check:)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
that "zombie" you killed was my butcher. now where am i going to get my steaks??? reminds me of this...

also, nice shooting. glad you joined in on the addiction.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Went to the firing range to shoot my new XDm. 40 while waiting on the background check paperwork to clear (state police is taking its good ole time). It's supposed to be 7 day waiting period. Monday will be day 11.

Anywho, first time shooting this gun, went through a box of 50 rounds within 20 mins. Damn this is addictive.

Killed me a zombie from around 7 yards out to 12 yards.

20 minutes to kill one zombie!?! Remind me never to let you watch my back. lol, just kidding. Nice shooting.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They had quite of a selection of zombie targets. Reason for the longer time frame was first time firing this gun, and had to reload twice. I need more magazines for this thing.

And I wish I had a 10 min background check. Maryland isn't as easy as other states, but not as bad as CA, MA, NY and NJ.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love zombie paper targets. Although it is kind of a bummer that you can't see that pink brain mist after you hit 'em. Bwahaha!

And good choice on the gun. I have the exact same one and love it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You are now a certified zombie decapitator!

It sounded like you had fun at the range. It's never too late to be well prepared for the upcoming zombie apocalypse:twisted:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to add that this reminded me of a time a few weeks ago I was playing Bulletstorm on the XBox and my son comes up and says "SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE". I just about fell out of the chair laughing at that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Best zombie target is the Nazi Zombie...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Isn't it after 10 days, not including sundays, that the gun shop can release the gun to you if they haven't gotten a response? I am pretty sure it isn't a when I get around to it thing for the state police, they are suppose to have the paper work back within that time period. Plus usually when there is a problem they know fairly quickly. My stuff was ready to go before my waiting period was up, as I called to make sure everything was going to be ready for pick up on the day my waiting period was up, and they said I was all set to pick up on the scheduled day. Hope everything works out for you bud, and you get your gun asap...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't it after 10 days, not including sundays, that the gun shop can release the gun to you if they haven't gotten a response? I am pretty sure it isn't a when I get around to it thing for the state police, they are suppose to have the paper work back within that time period. Plus usually when there is a problem they know fairly quickly. My stuff was ready to go before my waiting period was up, as I called to make sure everything was going to be ready for pick up on the day my waiting period was up, and they said I was all set to pick up on the scheduled day. Hope everything works out for you bud, and you get your gun asap...

I was figuring it out like this.

I purchased the gun and filled out paperwork on Monday the 9th. Figure a day or 2 to get the paperwork to the State Police. So paperwork review would have been received on the 11th (we will give them fudge factor time), so today (the 20th) would have been the 7th day. If I don't hear anything on Monday, I'll call on Tuesday to find out what's the delay.

Everything, as of now is ready to go, just need the OK from the State Police.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I like those zombie targets! Can only get silhouettes at the range I go to. Might drop a suggestion in the box next time I go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love the Zombie targets. Gotta get me some. Remember to always double tap on zombies.

48 hour waiting period in Wisconsin. They call it a cooling off period.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Love the Zombie targets. Gotta get me some. Remember to always double tap on zombies.

It is more like a warming up period for me. I couldn't wait to get my XD 40 and start shooting. At least we can take rifles and shotguns home same day, after background check of course.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I was at Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington the other day and picked up some of the splattering Zombie targets. They had about 5 different targets there. I saw on the Birchwood Casey website there are a few more.

Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. They are pretty cool though.

Here is a link for the BC Darkotic targets:

Darkotic

Happy Zombie hunting!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts