Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a re-post. Screw it. So any of you guys want to go in on something like this? :p

All That Is Interesting

The First Zombie-Proof House

Somehow, ritual drunk-conversation concerning team captains for the apocalypse has become a major part of the lives of 20-somethings. Having been matured in the Grandaddy-crowned masterpiece film (put “A.M. 180” on and forget that you have a job), 28 Days Later, we’re all a little too ready to deal with the 2012 of our dreams.
“The Safe House,” designed by KWK Promes, starts to get eerily close to something I could work with, if say 200 bludgeoned members of the undead army came over to eat their way into borrowing some sugar.
“The most essential item for our clients was acquiring the feeling of maximum security,” begins the designers’ website in the summary of the structure. Who wouldn’t feel safe in a concrete rectangle that folds in upon itself to become completely sealed? Even the windows are covered with a slab of concrete when the structure is on nap time.
The house, with its movable walls, has only one entrance, which is located on the second floor after crossing a drawbridge. Seems like the perfect opportunity to use a flamethrower and defend the life of your family, while stylishly nesting in a piece of architectural elitism.

All That Is Interesting - The First Zombie-Proof House

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
HAHAHA freaking awesome. MASSIVE waste of money but sweet nonetheless.

·
Registered
350 Posts
How long would it take for you to go crazy with the undead hordes pounding on that rolling metal door?

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. Pretty cool though. It would be a sweet hold up way out in the country. I'm wandering what the cost was.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long would it take for you to go crazy with the undead hordes pounding on that rolling metal door?
That's if they get over the concrete wall perimeter. I'm sure cabin fever may come into play at some point. But that would be the case anyway. Haha!

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
The metal roller door is a weak point. how about a steel slab that comes up from the ground instead. also there should be a large basement with an underground tunnel that goes for about a mile with an escape hatch somewhere in case you need to bail. Needs a water pump and solar panels, a sniping tower. I could probably think of a bunch of other things but its still cool.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The metal roller door is a weak point. how about a steel slab that comes up from the ground instead. also there should be a large basement with an underground tunnel that goes for about a mile with an escape hatch somewhere in case you need to bail. Needs a water pump and solar panels, a sniping tower. I could probably think of a bunch of other things but its still cool.
All good points.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do believe I see a solar panel in the 1st pic though. I'd like to see the full specs. I would think the man who dreamed this up would be smart enough to include a basement and solar panels.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you google it you can get more specs. It does have solar panels and a roof garden as well rain collection. It's located in Poland.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
My words can not describe (effectively) the awesomeness of this thread. :D

:cool:

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2nd one I posted is pretty cool too. It actually has a deep underground bunker with blast doors. Plus it has it's own landing strip for small aircraft. :D

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
OP = Cool house, but it needs a perimeter fence of electrified Concertina wire.

The economy model :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,859 Posts
Remember, the pain and bleeding associated with razor wire wont bother most versions of zombies.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for keeping it fun guys!

The old missile silo would be my pick for sure. But I wouldn't pass on that other either. The guy in the card board box might as well just throw himself into the swarming hords of undead. Haha!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts