Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a pair of Converse Desert boots for a good price, but they are lace-up only (no side zip). What I was wondering is if any one here has put a pair the zipper inserts in them? Do the eyelets have to be evenly spaced for it to work? The price is cheap enough that the boot and zipper insert is cheaper than buying side zip boots in the first place.

The boot:

A zipper insert:

A zipper insert installed in a boot:

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I found zipper inserts work best in boots designed for them. Note how the black boot has a very wide spacing between each side.

During my AF days, quick-don flight boots were made for inserts and they worked well. Basic ole combat boots, meant to be laced up, might or might not work well depending on how big one's legs were. For some people, the insert would only work if it's eyelets were actually riding under (or on top of) the boots' eyelets. Spacing (and number of) the eyelets needs to be close to that of the boot.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I believe the Converse boots with a zipper has the zipper on the side of the boot...not sure if that means anything about it working in the front or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts