Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, which State will have better survival in a Zombie apocalypse? I thought it will be Texas and Arizona because they are gun "friendlier" than others, but I just googled it and I was wrong about Texas.

So which State do you guys think have a better chance of survival, and why ?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Wyoming or Montana

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Wyoming or Montana
Yeah, it's gonna be a gun friendly state with little to no population. Alaska would be my guess. Who goes to Alaska? I mean, the the virus is going to have a hard time getting there first off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Georgia, they've been dealing with Zombies for 4 years now on the Walking Dead...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi, I just added "why" to my question above...
Wyoming or Montana because of the lack of population. The harsher climate will make traveling (aside from summer months) more difficult so I wouldn't foresee scores of people flocking to the area. Also there are great plains of flat land. I'd like to be able to see as far as possible.

Good question!

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Ohio...I'm good :)

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Any place that routinely gets below freezing. Probably Alaska. Zombies would freeze solid, and be easily destroyed.

Any place that is muggy, humid, and full of bugs (hello, Louisiana!) would be a good option as well, as the native wildlife would quickly decompose the bodies. Of course, that might also lead to zombie gators and dung beetles, so Louisiana is a toss-up.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Any place that routinely gets below freezing. Probably Alaska. Zombies would freeze solid, and be easily destroyed.

Any place that is muggy, humid, and full of bugs (hello, Louisiana!) would be a good option as well, as the native wildlife would quickly decompose the bodies. Of course, that might also lead to zombie gators and dung beetles, so Louisiana is a toss-up.
You also have to think about your liveablilty as well. I'd take a guess that if you took the average joe from central Kansas and threw him in Alaska he would probably* die relatively quickly. Today's humans can't hunt or provide for themselves. Except for those few of us who hunt and fish. It would have to be relatively similar to where ever they came from.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
ohnoe! zombie dung beetle!
i know def not touristy places like las vegas or FL.
they are not only full of potential zombies, but they are hard to live in without modern infrastructure

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Arizona would be perfect assuming you were familiar with the terrain. It isn't the easiest state to find water in. You'd need to know that when It's 120 outside.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Arizonans would be migrating west toward the Colorado River. Parker, Bullhead City and Lake Havasu would thrive...once you got the walkers cleared out and blew the bridge to Laughlin.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
LOL Last thing to be worried about is ZOMBIES that is movie stuff folks
I am more worried about civil uprising and or natural or man made disasters.
ZOMBIES Im not too concerned about.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It's for fun.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It's for fun.
Or as someone once told me:
Since we can't say for sure how the SHTF, if you prepare for zombies you have all your bases covered.

Infectious disease, check
WROL, check
No infrastructure, check
Hostile forces, check
Uninhabitable ares, check

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
What's the difference?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
They are coming. You will just be an easy target for them. Think about it, almost all of DC is brain dead already.

·
Registered
182 Posts
People say zombies prepares you for everything, but it's actually missing the biggest issue, so it's kinda the worst one. What it leaves out, dealing with the entire population as everyone begins to compete for all the resources, especially food.

Even if 'Zombies' sucks, it's still fun.

I nominate the Viking nation-state of Minnesota.

Whether we need a long period of sub zero temps to keep them frozen, or a hot, muggy environment to decompose dead flesh (therefore making it sanitary); we've got it! That, plus most people hunt and own firearms. So if each northern Minnesotan can take out 20 Somali-Mung Zombies, that'd do wonders. That, plus you can bug out to Canada if things get too hot.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I was gonna say Idaho or Utah but it seems I'm good right where I am.
in las vegas! are you crazy‽
all those dead tourists?
no outside infrestructure to bring in water, and food.
wouldnt the whole place dust-bowl on you?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts