Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if you guys or girls think that getting a Yugo is worth paying more or should I just get a Wasr?

Also, I'm really looking to save some cash wherever possible. If I go for the Yugo or the Wasr, should I order it online or go to a gun show. I want to support my local gun shop, but times are tight right now and they are too overpriced. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
I got both...good luck finding a yugo.

the WASR's are great rifles, but lack fit and finish. the Yugos are awesome, heavy and solid, but very hard to find.

You can pick a WASR up for around $400.00....yugo's will be in the $600-$700 range if you can find one.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
still learning on the yugos, i have no idea who made the reciver, if barrel is new or what the details are on this underfolder but its a yugo for $499

Yugo AK 7.62x39 Underfolder Rifle

then at classic Classic Arms Inc.

NOTICE- WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED WHAT WILL BE OUR LAST SHIPMENT EVER OF THESE FINE RIFLES AND HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT THIS PROJECT IS DONE WITH AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE!

THESE ARE THE CADILLAC OF THE AK FAMILY. THE YUGO M72 RPK RIFLE. HEAVY BBL, HEAVY 1.6 MM
RECEIVER, VENTED BARREL FINS FOR QUICKER COOLING. THESE TACK DRIVERS ARE EXTREMELY ACCURATE EVEN AT VERY LONG RANGES AND THE HEAVY BARREL CONTINUES TO HOLD TIGHT GROUPS EVEN AFTER A LONG DAY OF RAPID FIRING. BUILT IN REMOVABLE BI-POD THAT FOLDS UP WHEN NOT IN USE, ERGONOMIC GRIP AND A .45 DEGREE COMPENSATOR. THESE FINE RIFLES HAVE REALLY NICE HONEY BLOND FURNITURE AND ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT THEM
THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. QUITE POSSIBLY THE NICEST AK RIFLES ON THE MARKET TODAY. THERE WERE ONLY A SMALL NUMBER OF THESE YUGO RIFLES MADE IN THIS CONFIGURATION AND WE ARE NOW ABSOLUTELY AT THE END OF THAT RUN. I SELDOM KEEP A RIFLE OUT FOR MYSELF ANYMORE BUT I HAVE HELD A COUPLE OF THESE BACK FOR ME. NOT ONLY ARE THEY A GREAT RIFLE, BUT THEY ARE A GREAT INVESTMENT AND ONE OF THOSE RIFLES THAT I FEEL WILL DOUBLE OR TRIPLE IN VALUE VERY SHORTLY. IF I HAD THE AVAILABLE CASH FLOW, I WOULD HOLD ALL OF THESE BACK AND SELL THEM LATER, BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN GOOD AT DOING BUSINESS THAT WAY AND WE NEED TO TURN THE DOLLARS. BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT THESE ARE SURE TO BECOME A RARE COLLECTORS ITEM IN A VERY SHORT TIME SO IF YOU WANT ONE GET IT NOW. WITHOUT EXAGGERATIN THIS WILL BE YOU LAST OPPORTUNITY. THE INDUSTRY IS NOW OUT OF THESE AND I EXPECT OURS TO BE GONE WITHIN A FEW WEEKS. COMES WITH 1-30 RD AND 1-40 RD MAG AND OF COURSE THE BI-POD...

-
-

YUGO M72 AK RIFLE ..............................$549.95

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
if you are looking to save money, go with the Romanian WASR. refinish the stock your self (its not hard to use some sand paper and some BOL to make it look pretty) take the extra money you save and spend it on some ammo or have the factory finish redone with a gunkote or dura coat over park!

i would defently steer away from gun shows. all the ones ive ever seen at gun shows where way over priced. just like everything else at gun shows lol.

if you buy it online dont forget to factor in shipping, xfer fee and nics call in, into the price.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Bill, i got my yugo from classic arms 3 weeks ago. they were sold out...but they do not update their site often - so call and check.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I don't know much about the wasr's,Had a sar-1 a few years ago and it just seemed poorley made and put together.I now have a yugo underfolder well made and put together and I paid 450.00 at the gun store I go to .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got both...good luck finding a yugo.

the WASR's are great rifles, but lack fit and finish. the Yugos are awesome, heavy and solid, but very hard to find.

You can pick a WASR up for around $400.00....yugo's will be in the $600-$700 range if you can find one.
I'm not too concerned about finish, but is fit an issue? I've heard about Wasr trigger slap and mag wobble. Are those issues easy to fix? If I go for the Wasr is there some info out there where I can really fine tune my rifle to get it in top shape?

p.s. thanks for the great responses in this thread, I appreciate them greatly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a Yugo M70-ab2.... best AK I've ever shot... it also has a forged receiver and a thicker receiver, and the barrel is not chrome lined, giving it far better accuracy than most of the other AK-variants out there.

Zastava manufactures them, and Century Arm's imports them.

But they are like $650-$700 dollars, lol

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
I've got a Yugo M70-ab2.... best AK I've ever shot... it also has a forged receiver and a thicker receiver, and the barrel is not chrome lined, giving it far better accuracy than most of the other AK-variants out there.

Zastava manufactures them, and Century Arm's imports them.

But they are like $650-$700 dollars, lol
i got my yugo for $499 from centerfire, but they are sold out now and yugo's are no longer imported.

It's a top notch rifle..

My wasr does have trigger slap and mag wobble, but very slight. i fixed the wobble with some cold weld in the mag well. the trigger slap is fixed with a tapco g2 trigger set.

The wasr is not 1/2 as solid as my YUGO, but goes BANG every time the trigger is pulled, it's highly customizable (yugo's arent), and looks bad ass.

here's my WASR:

here's my yugo (when i first got it)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I refinished my WASR's wood. I think it looks great (well, a lot better than the original.) I used Red Oak stain and floor grade (high traffic) poly.

I've only had it for the past 1-1/2 years and it now comes with the Tapco G2 Trigger.

Hardwarz

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Bill, i got my yugo from classic arms 3 weeks ago. they were sold out...but they do not update their site often - so call and check.
is it nice ?

i wish yugos had chrome lined barrels, do these? i know the yugo mausers dont, and yugos sks dont. The yugos make good guns, but i likez my chrome. bling bling.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
is it nice ?

i wish yugos had chrome lined barrels, do these? i know the yugo mausers dont, and yugos sks dont. The yugos make good guns, but i likez my chrome. bling bling.
no chrome lined barrel.
its a great rifle. i love shooting it:

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
my yugo m72 came in from classic yesterday. im impressed. it is very tight and built well. fit and finish is great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts