Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked one of these out today, brand spanking new from Zastava, imported by EAA Corp....$530 out the door, but its a single stack rifle...time to open it up if 'Scutze' will let me get my hands on it! Didn't have a camera, but heres the url to EAA.

EAAcorp.com - European American Armory Inc. - Homepage

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
so is there a template for the magwell einheit?

i suppose i could do it with a dremel, or have buddy at a machine shop do it ?

whats the prefered method

how about the barrel, can i get chrome lined ?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
so is there a template for the magwell einheit?

i suppose i could do it with a dremel, or have buddy at a machine shop do it ?

whats the prefered method

how about the barrel, can i get chrome lined ?
The mag well is already cut for the single stack.

All you have to do is widen it out so it fits a standard milsurp mag.

WASRs have had this done to them for years now, and templates are and how-tos abound.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
just in time for the ban with all the post ban features!!! ;) i like its styling though looks like it would make a good deer rifle!

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Will a standard pistol grip and stock fit Einheit?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Just checked one of these out today, brand spanking new from Zastava, imported by EAA Corp....$530 out the door, but its a single stack rifle...time to open it up if 'Scutze' will let me get my hands on it! Didn't have a camera, but heres the url to EAA.

EAAcorp.com - European American Armory Inc. - Homepage
That might just the AK I am looking for. I don't have one, but would like one.

So how hard is it to "convert" it to accept high cap mags? - use small words I have never done this and don't have a clue.

Is the picatinny rail on top screwed in or forged or what?

Okay I went back to the link and found, "Removable accessory rail" so I guess that answers the "screwed in" question.

Chapie+

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
hmmmm...interested!!!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Is this a slant cut receiver, or is it just the wood covering up the receiver? If it's a slant cut, does it appear to be an already existing pattern, or is this something new and proprietary?
It should convert just like any WASR.

Nothing proprietary about it.

It may have a 1.6mm stamped steel receiver, but that's not gonna stop you from converting it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It may have a 1.6mm stamped steel receiver, but that's not gonna stop you from converting it.
I have never converted an AK to take a larger mag. How does one do it? Is there a weblink or better yet a video?

Chapie+

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I have never converted an AK to take a larger mag. How does one do it? Is there a weblink or better yet a video?

Chapie+
As I explained earlier in this thread, the length is cut for you already. All that needs to be done is to widen it out so that a milsurp mag can fit.

This is easily done with a dremel, using a milsurp mag for a template.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Again, I am no expert - AT ALL - on AKs (or much of anything else) but here is the response I got from EAA today.

Sir,

We are still in the process of the Import on this Gun , the gun will not take AK magazines it will only take single stack mags.
In regards to the name P>A>P> not sure what that stands for President of company decides on the name for the guns.
Thank You

Here is the email I sent:

EAA,

I have had an EAA .45 ACP Witness for about 12 years with no problems. You make / import good stuff.

Regarding the ZASTAVA P.A.P. RIFLE, does it take standard military surplus AK magazines?

What does P.A.P. stand for?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
More trouble than it's worth IMHO considering i got my yugo with full mag capacity and the other scary features (pistol grip, bayonet lug, etc.) for $550 out the door.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Sorry, but slant cut receivers don't just "convert like any other WASR." if one is going to go to a traditional pistol grip & buttstock configuration, the slant cut makes a big difference in what's available to you. If the slant cut is proprietary, there won't be ANY buttstocks that will fit.

Unless of course, you were talking about just widening the magwell...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Sorry, but slant cut receivers don't just "convert like any other WASR." if one is going to go to a traditional pistol grip & buttstock configuration, the slant cut makes a big difference in what's available to you. If the slant cut is proprietary, there won't be ANY buttstocks that will fit.

Unless of course, you were talking about just widening the magwell...
1) unless the Yugoslavians have retooled their factory, these don't have slant cut receivers.

2) I was referring to the mag well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts