Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an add for one of these in American Hunter and was intrigued. looked at a few on gunbroker and am now just wondering how well they perform, anyone had any experience with one???

P

·
0 Posts
I think they have a new version -- SU-16C. It has a threaded barrel, and the stock folds under. It looks like a nice gun.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It has some really well thought out design features, IMO. It ought to be absolutely kicking the Mini-14's ass in sales.

As for buying one myself I think it is a bit steep. When you can get a CMP Garand for nearly the same price, I'd have a hard time justifying one.

Another problem for me: it's a Kel-Tec. Having had some less than impressive experiences with a P11, I'm not particularly eager to repeat the routine.

If it came down to about $300 I would have a hard time keeping one out of the safe though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
It is on my list of guns to get, and about the only EBR that you can get in CA anymore. Being made out of plastic, I was really surprised how beefy it felt in the gun store. The whole thing weighs just about 5 pounds, but feels sturdy. The action is simple, I like the tripod, The removable mags are a big plus. If they had a 7.62x39 version, I would already own one.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Who has one?

Who shot someone elses?

Anybody?

H

·
0 Posts
I've never talked to anyone who had one either. But the store where I recently got my AK had one, and if the price difference wasn't so great, I would have walked out with the Kel Tec. Very impressive feeling, not cheap like I expected.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
ken_mays said:
If it came down to about $300 I would have a hard time keeping one out of the safe though.
I may be mistaken but I believe I regularly see these selling for less than 300.

brad cook

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read somewhere the SU16 heats up quickly and may cause stoppages under high firing loads.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
This post has been up all weekend long and so far no one has one or fired one? :?

·
Banned
3,579 Posts
i have one and i love it i got the c model its a good gun great for what i use it for camping ect. its not a combat rifle but if i go to war i will ahve them buy me a m16 but i highly recomend it. i have doen some minor work to it to improve a few things but shoots very accuretly and is light weight and sturdy havent had it long so long term reliabilty is unknown

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you want detailed answers, go to KTOG.org. Their forum has lots of discussion on the SU-16, among other guns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts