Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite stance? I did a search and didn't really come up with anything, maybe it was operator error. :p

Anyways, whenever I shoot I find myself using a "modified weaver" or "Chapman" stance. What do you use?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
More of a Modern Isosceles than anything. My feet are usually a bit closer together (Just barely wider than my shoulders and never more than a full forward walking step apart) and my elbows stay slightly bent although locked. I noticed when watching video of myself, I tuck my head down into my shoulders quite a bit. It looks funny but it is comfortable and I can keep up with most of the shooters at the range on a normal basis.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Don't get yourself too caught up on "which stance do I use" versus which stance do I not use. That is all well and good for the range, but what stance you are using goes right out the window when something other than a piece of paper on a target stand rears its ugly head. Practice shooting with different stances and get comfortable shooting from otherwise uncomfortable positions/stances. If you are using cover correctly, seldom will any particular stance "win out" over another.

That being said, I often shoot using a modified weaver or some hybrid that resembles it...whatever works best to accurately put rounds on targets at any given time.

·
Registered
366 Posts
For me, it depends on what type of shooting I'm doing. If it's slow fire on a piece of paper, I tend to use sort of an isosceles. If it's rapid fire, or if I'm moving, mostly some form of modified weaver. In a shoot house type environment with cover/concealment, or a simulated stressful environment, stances pretty much go out the window. Unless you're really awesome.;)

--John

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Don't get yourself too caught up on "which stance do I use" versus which stance do I not use. That is all well and good for the range, but what stance you are using goes right out the window when something other than a piece of paper on a target stand rears its ugly head. Practice shooting with different stances and get comfortable shooting from otherwise uncomfortable positions/stances. If you are using cover correctly, seldom will any particular stance "win out" over another.

That being said, I often shoot using a modified weaver or some hybrid that resembles it...whatever works best to accurately put rounds on targets at any given time.
OMG...I agree with everything you said, including the modified weaver. Is Obamas brainwashing emitter already in operation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts