Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am typically a poly and wheel gun guy. However, I paid a visit to a local pawn shop that deals A LOT of guns. He has an Armscor Rockisland 1911 45 model 51439 that is SS/Nickle? Just wondering if anyone can give advice on this gun...as far as reasonable price/offer that I could make as well as quality? This gun is brand new, never fired ordered by mgt of the shop. The price doesn't look bad to me (not going to tell just to see where the suggested prices fall in comparison) but I know nothing about these guns...but does loook like it would be a decent introduction to the 1911 family of guns.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I would say if what you say is correct, somewhere around $500. :-?

It would be a great way to get into them.

Compare on Gunbroker to see what they go for there.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say if what you say is correct, somewhere around $500. :-?

It would be a great way to get into them.

Compare on Gunbroker to see what they go for there.
Did that, Gunbroker has them for right in the neighborhood of $500.00 +/- $50.00 depending. I'm not too sure of the pricing to quality issue if you know what I mean. I know it is possible to spend a lot of money on a gun that is as good as a paper weight when it counts, and I also know it goes the other way as well...it don't have to cost 6 months salary to be a decent and dependable weapon.

Thanks for your response!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I owned a Highstandard that was made by Armscor, not the highstandard in texas.lol.. It had over 1500 rounds with out any issues. Great gun and would buy again. $500-$550 is a good deal. Maybe even less if you're lucky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
local gun shop here(NC) has it listed 529.99 also heard good things about them. also im no 1911 expert but to my understanding para ordinance makes good 1911 for around the same price.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far looks like the price that I have found is well within reason then...and so far sounds like quality is there as well...thanks guys!

Would like a few more responses and will make a decision from there...:D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe even less if you're lucky.
I must be lucky...lol...the price is below what everyone has mentioned so far. I could probably have it out the door for less than the lowest mentioned so far....;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I paid $425 for my compact, used.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid $425 for my compact, used.
Goin' to let the cat out of the bag I guess...this one is full size 5" and they are asking $460.00 + tax brand new with hard case...no charge for BG check....

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
My vote is go for it. That's a pretty damned good price for that model. I can only vouch for my RIA 1911 GI model but mines been flawless through over 8000rnds from fmj to HP's to reloads no problems.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! It's mine, put my payment down on it and will be going to pick it up probably Wednesday if I get off work in time...will post back with pics and eventually a range report as well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts