Springfield XD Forum banner

Your favorite gun belt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble with my gun belt that I purchased at the gun show. It works fine for my IWB Crossbreed but for OWB(Don Hume 721OT) it won't keep the holster/gun tucked in close. As the day goes on it gets loose causing the holster to flop around some. I hate that. I can tighten the belt to bring it back in but any tighter than I already have it is very uncomfortable.

Also, it's very hard to find a shop locally that has gun belts in stock so trying one on beforehand is next to impossible. So, ordering blind over the net is the only option.

Looking for opinions on which one to order.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
100% of the voters picked Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch!

Until someone else votes.:rolleyes:
Same here...I have 3 of them plus one Frequent Flier model.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Beltman horsehide. Looks awesome, strong as steel.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Picked Wilderness 5 stitch. Personal preference for 1 3/4" in coyote color.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ernie Hill Speed Leather is the best belt I've ever owned. Too bad they're not available anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I have the Wilderness 5-stitch, but I'd like to order a beltman.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Or Rafter S Gunleather, I'd like to try one of those also.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I haven't found a local store yet that stocks real gun belt, wish I could, I'm not happy with anything I have.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't found a local store yet that stocks real gun belt, wish I could, I'm not happy with anything I have.
Yep, same problem here. Although I havn't tried any "real" gun belt so any of them might be better than what I have.

I guess I should have put some other belt builders on that poll list.:rolleyes:

Keep the vote's and comments comin!

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I voted for the Wilderness 5 stitch 1 1/2" as that is what I wear everyday, but I also have their 3 stitch which is fine as well. I usually where the 3 stitch when I OWB carry as the tail on my 5 stitch is too long then.

I would recommend the 1 1/2" width though. The 1 3/4" is fine, but if you are planning on using a cell phone holster or anything else, it is usually too wide. I found this on many occasions after wearing the 1 3/4" for several years. When it was time for my new belt, I got the 1 1/2" and love it. The Crossbreed ST is NOT compatible with the 1 3/4" belt either. It will work, but it sits funny.

·
Registered
647 Posts
None of the above... Own a Milt Sparks like it A LOT.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
These belts really are in different classes. I think you first have to figure out whether you need leather or canvas. Generally leather works for anywhere,,, not so much for canvas belts.

I use a Beltman most days. Use the more flexible Wilderness on weekends at the range. It's easier to get paddles on and off.

·
Premium Member
127,761 Posts
Boston Leather 1 1/2" duty belt

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the votes. I went with the WT 5-stitch and am very happy with my decision. I have two OWB holsters that were about to get trashed. Come to find out the holsters are fine. My "made in Mexico" cheapy "gun" belt was the problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
neither, I have two belts from looper law enforcement and love them both. They are kydex reinforced and have a really nice price in my book. For the money, I dont think they can be beat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts