Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you find yourself cleaning your XD when you haven't even fired it since you cleaned in last. doing this, I noticed the XD seems to clean up better and easier than any other pistol I've owned. I mean it just looks so damn good once you wipe that last coat of oil across the slide and it shines at you like the day you bought it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. :?

·
Registered
219 Posts
concealed.carry.harry said:
you find yourself cleaning your XD when you haven't even fired it since you cleaned in last. doing this, I noticed the XD seems to clean up better and easier than any other pistol I've owned. I mean it just looks so damn good once you wipe that last coat of oil across the slide and it shines at you like the day you bought it.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. :?
No your not the only one,, I pet on all my guns :wink: But if your XD shines and looks like the day you bought it then you havent broke it in yet. 2 of my XD's are wore down to the bare metal in several areas on the slide from carrying them and getting used alot, but it adds character :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I've found myself cleaning new guns that have never even been shot. :shock:

·
Registered
219 Posts
jalley said:
That is common practice. I always clean a gun after I buy it new or not. Especially the barrel and all the moving parts. You dont know what that gun has been soaking in to keep it from rusting and if that stuff is in the barrel you can ruin it when you shoot it. Plus tearing it down before you ever shoot it make you more familier with it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
jalley said:
I may be wrong, but I think all guns are test fired by manufacturer...but still...it is pretty much never used :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Never did it. Like changing a baby diaper, I only clean when covered in crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts