Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me set up the story. I am a life-long Auburn Tigers fan. Several years ago my middle child (daughter) decided to become an Alabama Crimson Tide fan :evil::D. She has also contaminated my grandchildren with such blaspheme.
Yesterday (saturday) we met them for diner at the Pizza Hut. I was wearing my Auburn National Championship tee shirt under my Auburn football hoodie.I also had my xdm c .40 under my hoodie in my Crossbreed holster.
My grandson was wearing his favorite (non-football) hoodie. He told me:
"I am wearing the best shirt Papa." He pulled up his hoodie to show me his Alabama tee-shirt. So I pulled up my hoodie to show him my AU championship tee-shirt, completely forgetting about my pistol on my side. Fortunately no one saw it, so no harm no foul, but I couldn't help be laugh at myself for being so comfortable conceal carrying that I "forgot" it was there.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
OC is legal where I am at and I see it often.

Last week when I went into CiCis pizza my flannel shirt brushed against the door as I gained control of my yougest and pulled it back far enough for the younglady welcoming us to CiCis to see my heater. She just smiled at me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have accidentally flashed several times (OC is legal in NM). I have never had a negative reaction.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've open carried and had my pistol exposed without any issues. The fear mongers are far and few between around this area.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I bet he won't wear any Alabama shirts to Grandpa's house anymore. You showed him. Just kidding;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I carry most of the time here in NC, I have gotten a few strange looks and big grins when XD.45C sneaks from under shirt:-o

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They probably didn't notice at all, but you never know.
Nope they did not notice, and if anyone would have it would of been Seth, because I am teaching him how to shoot, so he is gun conscience.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have accidentally flashed several times (OC is legal in NM). I have never had a negative reaction.
Open carry is legal in Michigan, so no worries there, but no one in my family knew I was carrying. And kodoos to Mark and Crossbreed supertuck holsters. The holster keeps the pistol so close to my side that no one noticed it when I lifted my hoodie to show my grandson my tee-shirt.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I prefer to open carry, and that is one of the reasons. I don't want to worry about ditching my over shirt I get too hot. On more than one occasion someone has let a door swing back, and thudded on my personal protection tool. When I OC it's at 3:00, but when CC it's at 4:30. Seems like everything behind me hits it. People assume it's an elbow or your head that got bumped, and you have to spend a few minutes trying to convince them that you are fine.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I prefer to open carry, and that is one of the reasons. I don't want to worry about ditching my over shirt I get too hot. On more than one occasion someone has let a door swing back, and thudded on my personal protection tool. When I OC it's at 3:00, but when CC it's at 4:30. Seems like everything behind me hits it. People assume it's an elbow or your head that got bumped, and you have to spend a few minutes trying to convince them that you are fine.
I don't open carry. I prefer no one knows I am carrying, and it does make some people uncomfortable.
I am really pleased with how well the xdm .40 conceals, unless of course I pull my hoodie up:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I hear you on having comfortable CC. I sometimes forget when I'm about to walk into a bar after seeing a movie with friends. I have to tell them I need to drop something off at the car and I'll meet them there. Fortunately though, my friend took our CHL class together and both our wives know we carry so they just laugh at me as I trott off to the car. My wife is annoyed sometimes but I don't care. I just tell her you won't be annoyed if I ever have to draw it to protect you. And she relents and says "I know."

Here's to comfortable carrying!

·
Registered
670 Posts
You know you're comfortable carrying in general if you open carry and don't get nervous or worry about people looking at you or any confrontations you may have.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
You know you're comfortable carrying when you catch yourself rolling around on the ground taking bolts and filters loose while changing the oil in your car...yah...I admit it...I did it..uggh

·
Registered
141 Posts
You know you're comfortable carrying in general if you open carry and don't get nervous or worry about people looking at you or any confrontations you may have.

^^^^ This +1

Outdoorsman

1 - 20 of 32 Posts