Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of accuracy do you guys see out of your XDs? With regular target shooting, rapid, double taps etc..

·
Registered
813 Posts
pretty similar to my Service actually. It's one of the most accurate 3" barreled subs I have shot. (Pearce grip extension is a must have though)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verm said:
pretty similar to my Service actually. It's one of the most accurate 3" barreled subs I have shot. (Pearce grip extension is a must have though)
Verm, could you quote me any groups at certain increments of range?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got an XD9 SC with TFO's and just got the X-Tension mags a couple of days ago. Those new mags are much better than the very necessary to have Pearce grip extensions. I haven't been able to shoot it with the new mags yet. The gun is very accurate. I'll have to wait until Next weekend to give you an exact grouping answer. But I'll say that the last time I went to the range I was shooting at about 10 yards and it would easily group at much less than a ordinary paper plate diameter. I'll have exact measurements posted on here by Sunday, June 5th.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have a large hand, but have no need for any type of extension; I can shoot it just fine. At the indoor range at 10yrds., I can put most of the rounds in the X ring, with a few going in the 9 ring nearby on a silhouette.

Accuracy is great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
X-Tension mags are from Springfield. They hold 15 rounds and have a sleeve/finisher on the bottom of the mag to match the handle of the Subby. Makes the handle look and feel like the full size Service or Tactical. They are cool as hell. I paid $35 for them from Springfield and had to wait a little over 2 months to get them. Thanks to another post in here I called Natchez today and ordered 2 more for $50, should have them by Friday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
generally at 7-10 yards, drawing from holster and emptying the mag, I stay within a five inch target with the 10 rd mags. Accuracy is just about the same with the extension mags. The 2nd tap in the double tap may stray just a bit.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't shoot for measured groups, I shoot for CoM and headshots with snap shooting mostly and when doing those, they are identical.

For CCW classes though I shot both Service and Sub at 15 yds and both were 2" groups. at 30 yds the sub opened up to around 3" while the Service stayed at 2".

Those were guesses as it was just for qualification and we didn't measure with a ruler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At 10 yards I use 3 inch stickers as targets I can keep all 10 rounds on the sticker. I do pretty well out to about 15 yards after that..... I am sure its not the gun's fault but things do fall off but then again they do will all my handguns.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Here are some target pics from my SC it is very very accurate.http://img41.echo.cx/my.php?image=dsc022388hl.jpg

The target in the middle was 14 rounds(last of a box) high speed dbl taps @ 6 or 7 yards. The target on the right shows a couple of dbl taps on it. These targets are from the very fisrt time I shot this pistol after buying it from blackhawk303. I have a service 40 as well so I was familiar with the XD's in general but had not shot a SC until this point. I love it! I saw pics of the 1 you bought and it looks awesome. ENJOY!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts