Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
If your so displeased with our persuasion , you can send me the discomfort free of charge and I will gladly put in in the safe next to the others!:D

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I specifically asked you guys to talk me out of one little thing. . .

Sweet looking gun right there. Funny you should post a pic of those two guns together because I am deciding which one to buy next out of the two, EMP 40 or XDm .40. I have a Milspec 1911 so I'm leaning to the EMP. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Glad we could help you fail!! :D

What else are friends for?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yes, we are enablers. :(

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
tell you what...

Let me talk you out of keeping the XDm.:twisted:

Actually, I won't need to try too hard; after shooting the EMP for a while, you;re going to start liking a GOOD trigger, and you'll want to get rid of the XDm all by yourself, and get a big sibling for the EMP.

I didn't plant the seed, no sir.;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet looking gun right there. Funny you should post a pic of those two guns together because I am deciding which one to buy next out of the two, EMP 40 or XDm .40. I have a Milspec 1911 so I'm leaning to the EMP. Any thoughts?
My thoughts: The XDm is my nightstand gun. It is a joy on the range. It lives in a Galco Waistpack for easy grab-and-go when I can't wear a belt or holster.

The EMP will be my EDC after 1. I find a suitable holster and 2. I break it in - Break-in for me will consist of draw from holster, safety sweep, double-tap, safety sweep, reholster for at least 500 rounds. This will break in the weapon and get my muscle memory going.

Speaking of holsters - no disrespect to CB, but I want a leather holster for my EMP. It absolutely must be tuckable. I want to carry at the 4:30-5 o'clock position. Does that narrow me down to only the Milt Sparks VM2 and the Galco V-Hawk?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
tell you what...

Let me talk you out of keeping the XDm.:twisted:

Actually, I won't need to try too hard; after shooting the EMP for a while, you;re going to start liking a GOOD trigger, and you'll want to get rid of the XDm all by yourself, and get a big sibling for the EMP.

I didn't plant the seed, no sir.;)
Man you got a real deep hatred for Xdms huh? I know I am new to all this but the XDm trigger feels so much better to me than my Dads Glock and my 1911... just sayin

·
Registered
755 Posts
i have a EMP that im currently trying to set up as EDC as well. I like the Milt Sparks but i wanna carry sometime this year! getting ready to go look at V-hawk. Also my XDm is the nightstand gun, 3.8 though

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Buy the V-Hawk and order the Milt Sparks VMII. The in 6 months throw away the Galco. Sparks holsters are worth the wait.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Definitely my next gun purchase. Just have to convince my wife to let me spend $1000 on a gun.

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
...I know I am new to all this but the XDm trigger feels so much better to me than ... my 1911... just sayin
An XD(M) trigger better than a 1911?

I like my XD(M)40... heck, I even like my XD9, but I had SA's Custom Shop do their 'Carry Package' and adjust trigger pull & over-travel of both. Both are much better (and the XD(M) is still a bit better than the XD9) but both are a looong way from the trigger of any of my 1911s. Heck, even my WWII M1911A1 has better trigger pull! ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I know the internets willl burn with hellfire after I post this, but I honestly don't get the passion for the 1911 and its trigger. Yeah, it's better than double action, but otherwise... meh. It's a trigger. Pull it to the right position and the gun goes bang.

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
Man you got a real deep hatred for Xdms huh? I know I am new to all this but the XDm trigger feels so much better to me than my Dads Glock and my 1911... just sayin
Then you must not have much of a 1911...even my RIA's have better triggers than me ex-XDm's, as do my stock Glocks.

Unless, of course, you like mushy triggers; in which case, I can see why you like the XDm.;)

Just sayin'.

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
I know the internets willl burn with hellfire after I post this, but I honestly don't get the passion for the 1911 and its trigger. Yeah, it's better than double action, but otherwise... meh. It's a trigger. Pull it to the right position and the gun goes bang.

I've yet to meet anyone who says "I think a heavy, mushy trigger is more conducive to accuracy than a light, crisp trigger".

After you've been shooting for a while, and fired a lot of different weapons...you begin to appreciate what works better.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Then you must not have much of a 1911...even my RIA's have better triggers than me ex-XDm's, as do my stock Glocks.

Unless, of course, you like mushy triggers; in which case, I can see why you like the XDm.;)

Just sayin'.
Have a SA milispec A1, I guess I am just more familiar with the XDm trigger., since I just got the 1911.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've yet to meet anyone who says "I think a heavy, mushy trigger is more conducive to accuracy than a light, crisp trigger".

After you've been shooting for a while, and fired a lot of different weapons...you begin to appreciate what works better.
Yeah, that's what I always hear, and maybe someday it'll be true, but I've fired a variety of 1911s and still haven't seen what makes them so special. Everybody talks about the "crisp, light trigger", and yeah, they're better than a DA/SA trigger, but otherwise they're nothing special.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that's what I always hear, and maybe someday it'll be true, but I've fired a variety of 1911s and still haven't seen what makes them so special. Everybody talks about the "crisp, light trigger", and yeah, they're better than a DA/SA trigger, but otherwise they're nothing special.
I can say for a fact that the EMP's trigger has a much tighter, more responsive pull with a shorter reset than my XDm. That being said, I'll put in a drop-in trigger kit on my XDm and I'm sure they'll be more equivalent then. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Im sorry to hear of your misfortune on a really nice gun.

Ive owned XDs for the last 5 years and once I got to pull the trigger on a 1911 I loved it. Didnt really think anything about it, as I had only dry fired one about 5 or 6 times, but when I went and shot my XD next I hated it. I couldnt stand to even shoot the damn thing. And that made me sad, so I sold it and bought a Kimber lmao.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts