Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The question I have is why do they feel so threatened? I own Glocks and they're fine. I hate the wide Glock grips but from a strictly functionality standpoint, they are great - rugged, and low maintenance. I fail to undersand the passion that some bring to this argument. It's almost comical. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I "hang out" on glocktalk alot. I guess that makes me a douchebag??!!
I have learned alot of great stuff over there, and there are some great guys over there too.

I don't feel "threatened" at all by xd! I have a couple of glocks and I have an xd in layaway that I can't wait to get out. If I like the gun, I don't care who/what makes it!

I like glock and I like xd. Whats the problem?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stepper said:
I have learned alot of great stuff over there, and there are some great guys over there too.

I don't feel "threatened" at all by xd! I have a couple of glocks and I have an xd in layaway that I can't wait to get out. If I like the gun, I don't care who/what makes it!

Let me rephrase then...why do SOME there feel so threatened? Better? And I enjoy their site too. Between here and there, I have learned a lot. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Much better. :)

We're still friends. :)

I have read some people that are set in their ways and would never touch an xd, oh well, their loss!

Both are great guns, I like them both.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
There are a few people on that thread that posted intelligent, unbiased and informative missives. Then there were those that were outright idiots, letting their biases for Glock and against the XD show. Their "facts" were nothing but opinions, many of which were based on what they have heard or read.

The ones who either had both or shot both seemed to have the best posts.

I seriously considered the Glock before I even knew about the XD. I didn't like it for several reasons: no ambi mag release, lousy slide release and experienced numerous instances of limpwristing, something I had never experienced with any gun I had shot, nor with the XD since buying it. I also didn't like the grip. When someone told me about the XD, I tried it and liked it. I bought the SC based on just shooting the 4" because that's all the range had.

The only rust I've had in 1 yr is on the mag release button that contacts my skin. I put Armadillo on it and problem solved. Yeah, I'm not happy the finish on the barrel and inside frame show as much wear as my 15yr old Beretta, but I will deal with it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stepper said:
Much better. :)

We're still friends. :)

I have read some people that are set in their ways and would never touch an xd, oh well, their loss!

Both are great guns, I like them both.
LOL. We are still friends indeed Stepster. Not to worry. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
ive been all over that thread since the start, in fact i just posted in it again.
im not biased against any gun, except the high-point and the s&w sigma(because it was first an exact copy of a glock). I love all guns as long as they dont f*** up all the time, oh and shoot where i point them.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sigh. I get so tired of hearing about the finish. That's their big gripe on that glocktalk thread.

"Yeah, dude, I was at the local gun shop yesterday and he was laying out some XDs in the display case. I looked around and chatted for about 20 minutes. Before I left I took a look into the case and all of the XDs were TURNING ORANGE WITH RUST!!! Swear to god, man!!! That's why I love glock. I sandblasted my slide, hung it up on a clothesline in the rain and peed on it every day for 6 months straight and it still looks like a newly minted nickel. Glock, will you marry me?"

Give it a rest, already. They've beaten the horse to death, recalled it's spirit in a seance, and attempted to whip it's ghostly apparition. Glocks are great, I like glocks, but if you want to pay an extra $200 for a better finish and a funky grip angle, that's your choice.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dsg2003gt said:
ive been all over that thread since the start, in fact i just posted in it again.
im not biased against any gun, except the high-point and the s&w sigma(because it was first an exact copy of a glock). I love all guns as long as they dont f*** up all the time, oh and shoot where i point them.
I think some are indeed biased or at the very least show extreme loyalty to their Glocks. Semantics pure and simple. Nothing wrong with that. Glocks are great weapons. What gets me though is that there is far more opinion in that thread than fact. My only complaint against the Glock has to do with ergonomics. Their grips - all of them including the G36 - are just too darn fat for smallish hands. If a gun ain't comfortable to shoot, I don't care how good it is, it's NOT going to be my favorite. The XD just feels right. If it wasn't for the fat Glock grip, I probably would buy another. As good as the G27 is, I traded it in for that reason.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NiK said:
Sigh. I get so tired of hearing about the finish. That's their big gripe on that glocktalk thread.

"Yeah, dude, I was at the local gun shop yesterday and he was laying out some XDs in the display case. I looked around and chatted for about 20 minutes. Before I left I took a look into the case and all of the XDs were TURNING ORANGE WITH RUST!!! Swear to god, man!!! That's why I love glock. I sandblasted my slide, hung it up on a clothesline in the rain and peed on it every day for 6 months straight and it still looks like a newly minted nickel. Glock, will you marry me?"

Give it a rest, already. They've beaten the horse to death, recalled it's spirit in a seance, and attempted to whip it's ghostly apparition. Glocks are great, I like glocks, but if you want to pay an extra $200 for a better finish and a funky grip angle, that's your choice.
Nik, and to make matters worse, none of them have an cool looking Asian gal eating a hamburger below their name. :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
stepper said:

No but most of those douchebags have blind loyalty to the BLOCK.

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, like i said in my reply there today, i was at the range today and i had a guy shoot my tactical, and he said exactly "i wish i would have sold this today at the gun show, when a guy offered my $550 for it, so i could have come and got an XD, after trying yours" He said that he spent $750 on his g35(tactical 40cal glock) and he could shoot mine better than his g35(and he could, because i watched him shoot both - the first time he EVER shot an XD). Hell, he said hed never even seen one before.

But at the same time, he let me shoot the g35 and i was impressed, i shoot it much better than i could shoot my g17 and i really liked the open slide, adj rear sight/extended controls. And i could shoot the g35 just as well as i could shoot my XD40. Oh, and i definitely like the 14 rd capacity of those magazines.

Now my only problem with my XD is when chambering a round, sometimes it doesnt fully want to go into battery. Like it would kinda stick on the first round when racking the slide(not when using the slide release lever). It did it twice or so, i believe. Could be that i was just being lazy and not pulling the slide back far enough though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Kraigster, I knew you would be all over that one. Cloud8 must be a troll for trying to bring that SH!t over here. I will say it again, I like my Glock and I like my XD, both have a place in my heart. They do what they are supposed to do, what more can you ask. Are we still friends Kraigster?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BigBob68 said:
Kraigster, I knew you would be all over that one. Cloud8 must be a troll for trying to bring that SH!t over here. I will say it again, I like my Glock and I like my XD, both have a place in my heart. They do what they are supposed to do, what more can you ask. Are we still friends Kraigster?
Bob, you da man! :D
Actually, I was feeling kind of down this weekend. As luck would have it, I went over to the Glock site, poked my head in the XD thread, and it cheered me right up. Some of the best laughs I've had in a while. There are a few over there that are without a doubt, extremely cerebral- challenged as I like to say. :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
That is why I go over threre to is to get some laughs at their expense. Dont get me wrong, there are good guys over there but they are definatly out numbered. BTW, have you seen that cloud8 is here now trying the same thing?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigBob68 said:
That is why I go over threre to is to get some laughs at their expense. Dont get me wrong, there are good guys over there but they are definatly out numbered. BTW, have you seen that cloud8 is here now trying the same thing?
Must have been a slow day for the Cloudster Bob. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts