Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I witnessed our freedoms in person yesterday. I went to Cabelas with my credit card offer in hand (12 mos interest free and $100 off on a purchase over $500). I gave the form to a lady for approval and went to see if the had any XD'm's in stock. The counter was deep with gun buying customers. When a salesman passed by I shouted "do you have any XDM 9's in stock"? He looked it up in the computer and said "YEP"! I said "I'll take it!" I then filled out the yellow form, a cute gal checked it over, handed me a beeper and said it would go off when they got my instant background check approved.

I walked back to the credit card dude, grabbed my fresh plastic and as I walked back towards the gun counter to "shop" they called my name. I gave him my still warm card and walked out with my new XDM!! This all took about 45 minutes..

I feel for the poor folks in Cali and NYC who live in scewed up states.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
LOL! I hear ya! Each time I bought one from a store or guns how, I spent more time shopping for the pistol than actually buying it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea it took me more time to wait to be helped than it did for me to actually purchase my XDM 40. I think it was 15 or 20 min after I was helped that I was walking out the door with the plactic case in hand.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
IL.

72 hours. I guess so I don't kill anyone in a moment of anger. I can think of 100 ways to kill someone in 5 minutes when I'm in a moment of anger, so I'm not sure that this particular law works.

·
Registered
67 Posts
skip, i got mine in the mail but they had the same deal going in store as you walk in.
Thanks Buzz, now I just some really good arguments to convince the wife. I already tried the "Honey, it's just like when you get the 30% off at Kohl's and go nuts shopping" She didn't really think it was the same.

So whatever has worked for you guys, let me know.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Skip- Just do it and take the azz whoopin'...worked for me.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I also live in The Peoples Republik of Illinois.

One of the dumbest things about the law, is that if I have a trade in like a 44 magnum, and want to buy a .22 cal pistol, I still have to wait 3 days to pick up my new .22. This is really stoooopid. :confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I witnessed our freedoms in person yesterday. I went to Cabelas with my credit card offer in hand (12 mos interest free and $100 off on a purchase over $500). I gave the form to a lady for approval and went to see if the had any XD'm's in stock. The counter was deep with gun buying customers. When a salesman passed by I shouted "do you have any XDM 9's in stock"? He looked it up in the computer and said "YEP"! I said "I'll take it!" I then filled out the yellow form, a cute gal checked it over, handed me a beeper and said it would go off when they got my instant background check approved.

I walked back to the credit card dude, grabbed my fresh plastic and as I walked back towards the gun counter to "shop" they called my name. I gave him my still warm card and walked out with my new XDM!! This all took about 45 minutes..

I feel for the poor folks in Cali and NYC who live in scewed up states.

i got me one, bi tone 9mm and i love it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Now go get your CHL and you won't even have to wait for the background check next time. They write the number down and away ya go.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I already tried the "Honey, it's just like when you get the 30% off at Kohl's and go nuts shopping" She didn't really think it was the same.
She's right; it's not the same.

The Cabela's deal is waaaaaaay better :mrgreen: !

·
Registered
260 Posts
Walked in. Saw the gun I wanted, played with it, handled it and looked around.

Came back over to the counter, asked if any were in stock. 2 available. I asked for 1, he brings it out, I look at it. Fill out a paper, give my DL, 5 minutes later, I swipe my card, and I'm out the door in less than 15 minutes from going inside.

This is in Georgia.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts