Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little horse trading via Armslist...got something that just isn't all that common.

S&W 681-1; the fixed sight version of the 686.

Almost all of these you see are cop trade-ins; this one is either ex-Paris Police Nationale or a Canadian Wildlife Service...there's some Australian Highway Patrol ones on the market right now, but every one of those are pretty much beat to crap. When the seller got ahold of me, I was hoping it was a former MN State patrol; I have been told that they issued 681's right before they switched to autos...

This one is solid; locks up tight, hardly a turn line on the cylinder.

It'll keep my 686-1 company...as well as my 65-3...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Did a little horse trading via Armslist...got something that just isn't all that common.

Almost all of these you see are cop trade-ins; this one is either ex-Paris Police Nationale or a Canadian Wildlife Service...there's some Australian Highway Patrol ones on the market right now, but every one of those are pretty much beat to crap. When the seller got ahold of me, I was hoping it was a former MN State patrol; I have been told that they issued 681's right before they switched to autos...

Congrats. Are you going to shoot or shelf that beauty?

There are rumors that the armory at the ND State Pen is home to a collection of these that are approaching auction dates in the not so distant future. I shoot trap on the same night as the Associate Warden so I've been looking for an opportunity to buy him a beer and chat him up about them.

·
Premium Member
128,168 Posts
Very, very nice!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

Congrats! GREAT looking gun! :D

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats. Are you going to shoot or shelf that beauty?

There are rumors that the armory at the ND State Pen is home to a collection of these that are approaching auction dates in the not so distant future. I shoot trap on the same night as the Associate Warden so I've been looking for an opportunity to buy him a beer and chat him up about them.
I will shoot it.

I really don't own safe queens.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
So nice....

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Nice! I am starting to appreciate wheel guns again.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Bravo Cuda, again you have excellent taste in guns sir!

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Sweet. My 586 was more accurate than my Python, both in 4".

Enjoy.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By request, a few more pics...

And a group photo with my 686-1 and 65-3...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts