Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I did not buy an XD...that would be far too far beyond belief.:p

But I ended up selling a guy on one. A XDm 3.8 compact, in particular...

The guy was looking at a few different guns at the local shop; among them was an XDm 9, a XDsc9, a Bersa .380, and a Kahr 9mm (can't remember which; polymer framed single stack, iirc). I was just in BSing with the owner and another customer. The guy was leaning towards the XDsc, and asked me what I thought...I said that I formerly owned an XDm, and while it wasn;t a great gun for me, I thought they were a solid firearm (which I do actually believe...). He asked me what I'd choose, between the Bersa and the XDsc; I said that I'd likely go with the XD, mainly for caliber. He did like the backstraps on the XDm, though, and wondered if there was a compact version...I said I thought there was, but didn't see one in the case.

At which point, the owner said "wait just one minute..." and got the XDm 3.8 compact.

When he asked me what I'd get, between the two, for a gun for both range and carry...swelp me, but if I didn't say I'd get the XDm Compact.

And he did.

I swear that the word "Glock" never left my lips, even though there was both a G26 and G19 inches away.:shock:

Then again, he never asked me what other guns I'd buy, and he was quite set on the XD line (the Kahr and the Bersa seemed like afterthoughts)...and I also wasn't going to try and sell him on a considerably less expensive gun...that's how one no longer gets good deals at the local shop.;)

When I left the shop, though, I did after to look at the sky for a few seconds to make sure it wasn't falling...

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
What caliber?

No, not the XDmc, the bullets you were sweating while holding back the word "Glock!" from your lips! Must have been quite the struggle;).

Guess your actions will keep you firmly out of the "fanboi" category :D.

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What caliber?

No, not the XDmc, the bullets you were sweating while holding back the word "Glock!" from your lips! Must have been quite the struggle;).

Guess your actions will keep you firmly out of the "fanboi" category :D.
IIRC, they were 1.5oz 10ga slugs.:p

Not really, though. The guy was looking at the Bersa and the Kahr more as bugs, maybe down the road. He was pretty much dead set on the XD line, and, like I said...these were more expensive than the Glocks. The owner wasn't talking about them, so I wasn't, and I also had no problem advising him to buy the more expensive gun...especially since it fit the niches he said he was looking to fill.

I guess I see this more of a reaction to the threads here of "OMG, I was in a gunshop and the owner was saying X brand which I don't like was better than Y brand which I like, so I shot my mouth off about how the owner didn't know what he was talking about".

;)

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
:shock:

So you didn't tell him the trigger felt like a bowl of warm lumpy oatmeal?:D

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:shock:

So you didn't tell him the trigger felt like a bowl of warm lumpy oatmeal?:D
Nope. And, for the record, I've never said lumpy in my description; "as crisp as a bowl of lukewarm oatmeal" is my usual simile.;)

When he asked why I had gotten rid of my ex-XDm, I said--honestly--that I found that other pistols worked better for me, and I wasn't particularly fond of .40.

He never asked what I preferred over the XDm...then again, I was also fondling what was soon to become my latest acquisition (see the 1911 forum for more on that), so I'm sure he assumed it was a 1911...

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Well, I was close on the paraphrasing.:cool: Nice new addition there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.