Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been battling coyotes this summer. I've made a dent in
the population over the last week. And, while I won't post pictures of dead animals, I will post this picture. I heard the howling again tonight and went out about an hour ago prepared to call them in with the ihunt app.

As I was walking out I heard something moving near the pig pen. I shined my light, saw eyes and my 13yr old daughter said "got em". I said °go" and she shot her 12ga auto 2 times. We heard a yelp. I walked over and found one very dead coyote. She swore she hit two so we looked around and found the other impact zone. A few feet away was a blood trail. We are following it now.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Good deal! I've shot my fair share, mostly in Texas. Here in florida they are becoming less afraid of humans it seems. Drifting into suburban areas.

And good deal on your young daughter handling a 12 gauge. Some grown men complain about the 12 gauge recoil.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Good deal! I've shot my fair share, mostly in Texas. Here in florida they are becoming less afraid of humans it seems. Drifting into suburban areas.

And good deal on your young daughter handling a 12 gauge. Some grown men complain about the 12 gauge recoil.

Man card decree states that REAL Men shoot 12ga!

A REAL Man with Brass Balls will shoot a 10ga

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Photos of animals that you kill are expected and encouraged here. (or at least in the hunting forum)

Heck, I'd even go as far as to say if you shoot a home invader you should post his photo before you call 911.

kypix

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Heck, I'd even go as far as to say if you shoot a home invader you should post his photo before you call 911.
I'm assuming this is a tongue-in-cheek post.

If not, I wouldn't advise this.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Awesome! 2 shots and 2 yotes! Get that girl a .223 or a 22-250 and let her go at the long range ones :D Good job on raising an awesome daughter! Esp using a 12 ga! Impressive.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I don't think many here will shed a tear for dead coyotes. If so change the title to dead coyotes, don't look if you're a big virginia.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I don't think many here will shed a tear for dead coyotes. If so change the title to dead coyotes, don't look if you're a big virginia.
Indeed, Jed.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I certainly don't hate coyotes. They are just trying to survive and they are good at it...too good. So they have to be kept in check. No tears here for a dead coyote.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yotes are top predators. The USA, has spent countless millions of dollars, trying to eradicate this species. They have survived and expanded. They will eat anything that doesn't eat them, meat, fruit, vegs, bugs, etc. I get to trespass on many acres, by trapping yotes and keeping the population in check. Their my favorite predator, especially when it's cold, and it's calling time. Love to see 1 or 2 coming in to a call on a set up, even better to watch a cat sneak in. When they prime up there pelts pay for the gas, and let's me have a nice 22 250 with a decent scope and the camo clothing, plus snow suits, and boots

1 - 16 of 16 Posts