Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That is one nice P7M13 Cuda :) I saw the for sale post on the MN forum for it within the first 15mins it was up... and almost took out a loan to buy it.

Also, I'd take the P7 1,000,000 times over the Beretta...

·
Registered
942 Posts
That P7 is a beauty.
The Beretta not so much.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Very cool. I was such a fan I bought a P7 about seven years ago. Then I discovered it wasn't a P, but the model13. Still, one of the coolest designs around, HK pretty much pioneers new designs. Love the squeeze cock, but my trigger finger gets sore after a few mags due to pinching, not exactly designed with target shooting in mind.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool. I was such a fan I bought a P7 about seven years ago. Then I discovered it wasn't a P, but the model13. Still, one of the coolest designs around, HK pretty much pioneers new designs. Love the squeeze cock, but my trigger finger gets sore after a few mags due to pinching, not exactly designed with target shooting in mind.
Actually, it was a P7-a P7M13 (like the one pictured), to be exact.

the three most common 9mm variants of the P7 are:

The P7 (often incorrectly referred to as a PSP...but it's not a true PSP unless it has PSP engraved on the slide)--8 shot, single stack, Euro-style heel mag release.

The P7M8--8 shot, single stack, HK-type mag release at the base of the triggerguard.

The P7M13--13 shot, doublestack 9mm.

Othe P7 vraiants out there--P7M10 (.10 shot .40S&W) and P7K3 (.380). There's also the P7M7--a .45 acp--that was never, ever released to the public...only 6 or 7 copies exist.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The P7M10 has a ridiculously thick slide. It feels like a P7M13 that grew 1/8" in all directions and put on a pound (ok, 0.82 lb).

I don't know why HK thought the .40 S&W was going to be that much harder to handle...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
looks like your gonna go die hard on someone with both of those great firearms lol

·
Registered
792 Posts

I held a P7 at my LGS and 2 things became instantly clear, the squeeze cocker was very awkward and the slide would slice my hand worse than any other semi-auto out there. Its a nice looking gun, a little heavy for a small single stack 9mm, but it screams quality.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Is the knock on the P7 true, that knock being that if you shoot it any extended amount of time, it gets too hot to hold?

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is the knock on the P7 true, that knock being that if you shoot it any extended amount of time, it gets too hot to hold?
Pretty much. Put about 100 rounds thorugh it in short order, and you'll want to be very careful of where you place your trigger finger...but that's about the only area that gets hot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts