Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by stating I found this forum about three days ago and I can not get enough.

By reading past posts it seems that holster choice is bassically to each there own. But I am curious to the pros and cons of a paddle holster to a belt holster

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I carry on a daily basis and use a paddle type kydex holster. It's an easy-off & easy-on situation for an office environment. No fussing with a belt & threading the belt trough the holster.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've not used them much, but I have tried both once. The paddle seems to distribute the weight of the pistol more evenly but it can fall off and the plastic can become uncomfortable if worn for too long. The belt won't fall off but it drags my belt down a bit (and the only belt I was wearing was for my shorts, no exclusive gun belt).

That's from my one experience using a holster though, so you'd probably be better off with a more experienced opinion.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't really like the paddle holster that came with my XD, felt like I had a piece of plastic shoved down my pants (oh wait, I did). If I'm going to wear OWB its for a reason,usually my dress slacks are too "fitting" to comfortably go IWB even for a paddle. Paddle holsters are convenient though, but you can buy snap on OWB holsters that are almost as easy or get a clip on IWB. I normally go IWB unless I can't.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I like Uncle Mike's paddle for range work, low cost and works great. For CCW I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard. Have not found a comfortable IWB holster for the XD yet, still trying to decide about the Don Hume Spring Clip IWB I got a while back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
look at different paddle holsters. The one from Uncle mikes can be used as a clip on type paddle holster, or you can thread it thru your belt. Also the angle of this holster (as I'm sure others as well) can be adjusted to your liking.

ohhh...and its damn cheap!! I think I paid 16.99 for mine at Sportsmans warehouse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts