Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and read up on the finish of the XD but had a follow up question.
I live in a pretty arid area so Im not worried about surface rust, but I am concerned about the durability of the finish for normal wear and tear. I plan to purchase an XD40 in black and am a bit worried about how long the finish will last under normal conditions such as holster wear etc.

Will an application of BW Armadillo prevent wear such as this? Is this type of wear typical with just about any gun?

Forgive the newb questions. I've never carried concealed but plan to once my permit is issued in a few weeks and am looking to pick up a weapon that will make me happy in the long run.

Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you carry your xd concealed and you sweat... It WILL rust... No big deal though the surface rust comes right off with the proper application of eezox...

This does not cause problems... it is slide surface rust only and will not affect the performance of your weapon. If this is unacceptable. then you'll either have to sell your XD or have it refinished with something stronger than the factory finish.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've carried now for a grand total of 4 days and the leading edge of the slide is now bare of any coating. This is with an IWB leather holster BTW.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're dissatisfied call springfield they should refinish the slide for you. Unfortunately the parkerizing that they'll do won't be any more durable than the original. Like I said this issue has been gone over several times... You may not be satisfied until you pay to have another type of finish applied.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
:D kidex holster will kill you finish have had my XD and carried it every day for a year never had a spot of rust I have heard aromery coat is alot tougher plan to send mine in under warrenty for re coating as soon as I find sc My galco leather holster i replaced my fobus with doesn't seem to be rubbing more off 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts