Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with gray slides? I'm thinking of either the Colt gray, Parker, Gray Wolf or one of those grays.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Me have the Colt Grey. I am sure that one would
suit you as well as another. Go for it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have one!

I love this particular shade of grey.. I asked AJames to put a "matte" grey duracoat finish on the pistol. I didn't want it to be shiny..

Now keep in mind that AJames did not have the best product to begin with, because I had sanded all the blueing off the slide and barell.. so there were some problems with getting the duracoat to stick properly.. I think it still looks pretty good considering how badly I butchered it.. (Note to self.. don't do that again.)

I am very happy with this color.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep that looks very nice.

On a side note, is it important to have all the controls coated as well, or is that just personal preferance?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
personal preference.. I think it looks sharp.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does look good, just didn't know if rust was an issue on the controls as well. If so, I may have mine done in black. Thanks for the pics Cap'n....

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Hobocircus, the purple pistol would probably fit in just fine in South Central Los Angeles and the powder blue one will fit in just fine in West Hollywood. Damn, they are ugly, especially that pimp purple one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts