Springfield XD Forum banner

Should I trade ?

• Yes do it!

• Don't do it!

• Shoot it during your trip home for chrismas then decide.

• Selling or trading your XD!! Blasphemy!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: So my brother asked me today if I want to trade My XD9 service Bi-Tone for his Taurus PT-1911. My xd is my everyday carry gun and is in great condition only a bit of wear on the barrel hood and less than 400 rnds through it. My brothers PT-1911 is in like new condition no marks or nothing has shot less than 100 rnds through it and has never been carried as he pocket carries a diff pistol. The 1911 is my all time favorite pistol I had a RIA but had to sell it early this yr to move,on top of that as my name suggests .45acp is my favorite caliber. Now I love my XD its great and at the last range session I got a peak at how accurate this gun can really be when I do my part. but on the other side of things as much as I like my XD it doesnt "speak" to me like a 1911 does ie its really great plastic but not the same as a quality 1911. Other than the difference in magazine capacity and caliber I'm leaning toward trading but just thought I'd get more opinons on this. oh and by the way tax time is generally the only time of the yr i have enough to make a gun purchase i just dont have enough after bills to save for one.
should I trade?:?:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
In my opinion, trading it would be a big mistake. If I were you, keep the XD. Take a little of each paycheck and put it aside as a 'gun fund'. Then once you save a grand, go buy a really nice 1911. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the PT1911s. I'd go for a Kimber, or SA Operator. If I found one at a decent price, maybe an STI or even an SVI (obviously more $$$).

That's just my opinion though. I've sold 2 guns in my life. I regret both.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
if your even remotely considering the trade, then you probably arent that into the XD, and guns are extremly personal. While the Pt1911 may not be the best 1911 on the block its not that bad either.

I sold my XDSC 9mm and XD service 9mm to get into 1911's. I bought colts and couldnt be more happy.

Only you can decide if you truly dont care for the gun you own and want a different one. I liked my XDs but i love my 1911's more.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts