Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of a more compact, more concealable 45acp that everyone wants, another bigger 9mm that you can't carry. Way to go Springfield!! But hey there's probably a huge market for competition 9s out there. :shock:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Oh, don't feed the troll!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Are we really going to rehash this when there are already probably a dozen threads on this already?
Not to mention it is last month's news, anyway.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Yeah! The eleventeenth dozen thread on the same topic! Yippe!

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Well, they didn't have a tactical sized XDm model, so yeah the 5.25 is a smart addition. Smarter than a compact or sub-compact .45 that has a flooded market and limited appeal outside hardcore .45 addicts.
They do now, and they're charging people a good chunk of change for ... What ?

A longer slide/barrel that has all the magic of a mass produced item.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

You get built in nice adjustable sight and a gun that is more accurate than any production pistol and at $725 delivered to you FFL's door, it is going to be change accuracy standard from a production pistol.

Have you seen my videos on how accurate it is, and that is with this goon shooting it freestyle. Rob Leatham had the same results in accuracy from his pistol and his is not as well fit as mine is.

The only have to make 4 new parts, but the way they are matching slides to frames is a new thing also.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Until you or I have shot this pistol it's impossible to judge it fairly.

But if you compare it to the XDM 4.5 - the 5.25 has

1. longer barrel & longer slide = longer sight radius
2. better competition style sights
3. 3 high cap mags

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
You get built in nice adjustable sight and a gun that is more accurate than any production pistol and at $725 delivered to you FFL's door, it is going to be change accuracy standard from a production pistol.

Have you seen my videos on how accurate it is, and that is with this goon shooting it freestyle. Rob Leatham had the same results in accuracy from his pistol and his is not as well fit as mine is.

The only have to make 4 new parts, but the way they are matching slides to frames is a new thing also.
I've got enough posts going on with you right now ... Let's just say that your previous words of wisdom about the EAA Witness make me doubt these words.

I'm pretty sure I paid a bit over $550 for the Witness Match ;) and accuracy wise it smokes any other production pistol I have ever seen ... But it's not polymer !!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
It is so hard to please everyone I guess. For me it was a perfect choice as I was getting ready to order a 5" XD, add fiber sight, have SA Custom shop mill into the rear of the slide their Bomar styled rear adjustable sight......

Now I get the XD(M) features ontop of all that, plus probably save a few bucks $$$.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm a little surprised as an IPSC shooter they didn't go for .40 which would be the perfect package. As it stands this thing won't fly in IPSC Production due to its barrel length, but i presume will be fine for USPSA.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Just why in the living sand hill would anyone want a single stack magazine is beyond me.

Doublestacks load so much easier.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts