Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my brand new XD to the range today. And I am one happy camper!

For Years I have not been worth a danged with a handgun. I found a book that has helped me immensely. "How to Be a Master Handgunner."
What this book has taught me is that for all of these years, I have been gripping the pistol wrong.

After reading about the proper grip techniques, I got out my USP and tried the grip. The USP was WAY yo big for my hand. So I traded it for a XD. It just "fell" into my hand. So I have been dry firing trying the new learned grip.

I went to the range today and I saw an immediate change in where my bullets landed. Still of to the right, I am left handed, so I am pushing the gun with my thumb. Don't so that Gary. So I worked on the proper grip. By the end of the day I was able to put 10 round in the center of the target at about 10 yards. I am excited!

I shot about 125 rounds toady and the gun ran on my reloads, Wolf, Hydra Shocks and Federal Gold Match. I did have a couple of failure to feed with the Wolf but I think I was limp wresting the gun.

I love my new XD and I will only get better!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Xd.
I had the opposite problem shooting to the left as i was not putting enough presure on my grip with my left hand consistently. I too read alot on techniques and ask questions. It has been working thus far. It was suggested to take a formal class which I may door take a good shooter with you to the range to check your form.
Have fun with ur new love!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Good report! It is always a great feeling to learn new things that improve our shooting. :)

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
It's a very ergonomic gun, no question about that.
Don't worry about failures w/ Wolf ammo, my XD Sc 9 fails with it about one round per mag where it's perfect with ANYTHING else.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It all starts with the basics... Congrats I just went through a 1k bucket off reloads for the third time... Never a problem, cheaper than wolf too.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting about the Wolf. I shot several hundred rounds of Wolf through my USP and never a bobble. May it is the fact that the gun is brand new.

And the recoil spring is way more stiff on the XD that it is on the USP.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like fun! Ive been needing to get out more with my xdsc, about have the snap caps wore out from dryfire practice...lol

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Gunnut1.... practice dry firing. It helps with trigger control. Get some snap caps so you can save ware and tear on the XD. It helped me from shooting to the left and low. Also used a laser to follow the path when pulling the trigger during dry firing. Good luck and practice often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts