Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of the XS24-7 sights today. They were easily installed once I got the^#[email protected]^%*&^original ones off.They work wonderfully, and as long as I do my job, the bullets go where i aim them.Today another 250+ rounds downrange. Time to hit the reloading bench.
Bob

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I've had the 24/7 sights on my HS for several years. I think they are great sights. Especially for self defense.

bd

·
Registered
96 Posts
How did you go about getting the original sights off the stinkin' gun? I think SA welded those things on! Is there an actual trick to it.....or do you just pound the crap out of it? :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
two people, good support under the slide...and pound the hell out of the original sights.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been thinking of getting the XS sights and would like to try and install them myself.

Which way did you pound? Right to left looking at the backstrap?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
two people, good support under the slide...and pound the hell out of the original sights.
:lol:

I had to do it myself. Used a vice, brass punch, hammer. Had to hit them about 30 times. I also put the frame in the freezer for a couple of hours. They come out from right to left.
Check the FAQ link. I found a thread with good links to info on removing, adjusting, and replacement sight info.

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=21475

1 - 8 of 8 Posts