Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
I had them on a different gun, but will put in my .02..... (and others here will chime in soon I am sure).

The XD Big Dots are GREAT for their intended purpose - that is, very rapid sight acquisition for defensive uses. The front dot appears HUGE and is very easy to pick up. At night the big dot in front is easy to pick up. The sights can be accurate, and with plenty of practice, at closer ranges, you can keep nice tight groups.........

but....

One of the problems with the big front sight is that as the target gets further out, it tends to obscure the target making that "marksmanship" accuracy more problematic. The rear sight is also more of a shallow "U" shape which does not give very defined side to side guidance and makes keeping "equal space" on both sides of the front sight a bit of a challenge.

Can you be accurate, yes. Does "marksmanship" accuracy need a LOT of practice and concentration, again YES!! ..... are they a good choice for defensive use - absolutely!

With that being said, I have sold the gun that these were mounted on. (It didn't fit my hand very well causing other issues). I need some night sights on my XDM's. Will I put these on again? No. My next set will most likely be either: ADE Speed Diamond night sights, Trijicon HD's, or most likely, the Truglo TFO HD sights, with the Truglo's being the most likely.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have them and luv em. These sights have the biggest like/dislike I have ever seen on any product. Either people like em or dislike em, almost never neutral. You can buy the Standard Dot with their rear. I have the Big Dot but some prefer the Standard Dot. As far as accuracy I am quick and have really good hits at close range 7 to 10 yds and even out to 15 yds. When I get to higher distances like 25+ yds, the Standard Dot is more accurate for me.

I have them on many guns. Also Im not 100% if SA Custom Shop still offer this but if you call them (ask for Donna) you could ask (because they dont have them listed on their work order form however I have asked this but it was a few years ago) them to order the XS and then you could send them your slide and to do the install.

XS Sight Systems Inc. - Products - XD XDm XDs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts