Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these? Anyone, Anyone?

They look good, like to hear any input prior to order!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have seen them, They are good sights for combat shooting etc etc....This is just my .02 the front large sight is great but for target shooting, it is a little large....

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I have the standard sized dot on my HS. I really like it. As USN RM3 said they're designed for combat shooting. This is not to say you can't target shoot with them, they just take a little getting used to.

I haven't seen anything that will get on target quicker than that dot. It's hard to miss day or night.

When I buy another carry gun I'll have these sights on it.

bd

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have them on my sig2340 and they are going to be moving to my XDsub as soon as my new P229 gets in so i can put fiber optics on my 2340. I love them for fast shooting, which is ideal for a carry gun. Dont plan on shooting 2" groups at 25 yards with them though. At 7 yards or so you can unload really fast into a paper plate which is ideal for CCW.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
So where do you get these sights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
These sights are awesome. As said, they are not meant for target shooting. for instance most of your small, precision-pistol targets will be obscured by the front dot.

However; if you get a man-sized silhouette or any of those threat targets (with a picture of a bad guy), you will find that this sight will allow you to put a round into the A zone faster than anything short of, say, a docter Optics holo sight. The holo sight is usually a bit hard to conceal and subject to breaking in a scuffle. Therefore, imho, thes sights are some of the fastest you can get. Putting the big dot on the "i" is much easier and more natural than lining up the front sight between the two rear posts.

If you're going to compete, I don't think they'll have the precision you want, unless you are doing some sort of action shooting (IDPA, etc...). If you are looking for speed, I think you'll like them.

CWB (ajamesp51 installed mine, give him a call)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah that's what I like about them. Gives a great sight picture with silhouette targets. Like it just centers itself on the A zone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have some XS tritium sights that I have never used. They are for a glock though, and they are standard dot, not the big dot. I put the TFO's on my Glock, and they are going to stay there.

So, I'm thinking of selling my XS sights for about half price. Will probably put them up on the Trading board soon, but if anyone wants them, PM me.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you can Mark post a pic of your new XS sights when you get a chance. I have been debating using them as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ichy_trigger -

Are those XS sights on your Sig (in the pic you posted) showing the Standard Dot or the Big Dot? I'm thinking about going with the Big Dot, but I'm not sure how large that appears when looking downrange.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a pic with them on the XD. I've got these on my subcompact 9mm and love them. The big dot is too big for extremely accurate target shooting. I plan on using mine for personal protection and later in IDPA. Like Terminus-Est said, they are hard to beat for making quick shots on target!

http://www.expresssights.com/photos/374.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Contact James at xd-hs2000, he has these sights in stock and will install them for you in short order. A real good guy to deal with. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah...I'm kind of thinking the same thing. I use my XD primarily for home protection and the occassional IDPA-type fun shoots we have around here at our local ranges. I don't think I'll ever really be into precision target shooting with this one. I just wasn't sure if the Big Dot was appropriate for IDPA type matches or if it would be too big to be accurate. I know I definitely want the tritium 24/7's though. Anybody else have any thoughts or personal experiences?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got the big dots on a couple of pistols, because I found some good deals. I think the regular dot would be fine, though I've never tried it. The big dot is no accuracy problem for me as long as the target is bigger than the sight picture. It's all about centering.

For example, the big dot is a minor annoyance while shooting cans at 25ft. Slightly bigger targets are no problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I was finishing up shooting yesterday, I decided to see if I could shoot the WWB box at 30 ft. This was the first time I'd shot the gun since the sights were installed and I put 400 rounds through it that day. Knowing where to line up the sights, I hit all 4 WWB empty boxes with no problem. So, for precision targets it may be tough but for anything 3 inches and up, it is no problem. By the way, I'm a relatively new shooter so it's not that hard. I hope this helps. By the way, the lamps on the 24/7 are as bright as the Meps I installed on my friend's GLOCK. Nice sights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts