Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the XS Big Dots put on the other month on my 45compact. I have to say I love those sights. Day or night I have quick target acquisition. I was concerned that the white would blend in too much but was wrong. I also like how you just put the dot on the target. I like this as I prefer my pistols to shoot point of aim=point of impact. The Trijicons on my HK cover up the target.
I had thought about these or the Suresights but when I saw all of the little dots on the tritium version of the Suresights I was turned off. It was too distracting, or too busy. And now with the wait I'm glad I went with the Big Dots. I can't wait for the tritium in my Trijicons runs out so I can replace them with Big Dots.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The pics are a little blurry as I was using my cheap digital. The tritium dot is much bigger than the picture shows it. The camera I used isn't even close to my Pentax K1000.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your welcome. I didn't realize how hard it is to get a sight picture with a camera. These pics really don't do justice to the sights. The XS website has better pics. As far as height goes they are a little higher than the Trijicons but not too much. To help compensate for the large dot the rear sight is a little lower.
I was able to tighten up my groups with these sights compared to the factory Springfield sights. I hate to say it but the factory sights on the XD are some of the worse I've come across. I'm a good shot with a pistol and a rifle but could never get a feel with the factory sights. I put the Big Dots on and took 2 inches or so off of my groups.
Some people complain about these sights being inaccurate but I disagree. I'm using these sights on a carry piece so quick target acquisition and accuracy are the keys. If I wanted match grade accuracy I'd get a 5" 1911 with target sights.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
another thumbs up for xs big dots...bought a used xd with them installed, and love them! target acquisition is fast, and poa/poi is great for how i like to shoot.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I love mine! They are very quick, and holy crap are they bright!. I keep mine 40 service tucked in between my matress and bed frame, and when I get up at 5 am to hit the snooze button they are very visible. Actually scared me the first time . hahha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts