Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using XS big dot sights on their pistol? If so, could you give me some feedback?

Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am ordering some for mine. I had heard nothing but great things about them from others. Plus some you tube videos from James Yeager really sold me on them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have them on my 9mm sc. At first I hated them. Always tried to dot the I. Then I just started centering in the entire back sight and things started to get better.

Honestly, I wouldn't put them on anything with a barrel shorter than 4". That's just me though. The longer the radius, the more precise these sights can be.

Very easy to pick up quick.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I have them on my XD45C. They really do what they are intended to do, quick acquisition of target. Great for self defense!
They might take a range trip to get used to them as it took a little adjustment to get used to them vs the traditional 3 dot sights.
If you are going to use the gun for competition shooting then maybe they would not be the most ideal sights.
Go for it. Be patient and remember if you are not happy w/them you could always sell them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a XS sight system on my Hi-Power Charles Daly clone. They take some time to warm up to them. I really like the Big Dot. My XD9sc came with Heinie Straight Eights. Both are great self defense sight systems. For my older eyes the XS Big Dot are faster on target.

-- Richard

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had them on a SIG P225 that I took to Front Sight, along with a P229 with standard SIG sights. The XS sights were faster and I preferred them at shorter ranges. But I noticed a big drop in precision (head shots) at 20 yards and out. I am not a braggart, but I am a very seasoned and accurate shooter (aging eyes not withstanding) and when I competed for range honors (which I won) I chose the P229. I do have WAY more time on that sight platform, so it might have been superstition. All of that said, I am now considering putting them on my XD's (my new SD platform) due in part to aging eyes and the realization that head shots past 10 yards in a self defense situation will probably land me in prison. In combat you need three things, speed, accuracy and power, for realistic combat accuracy at realistic combat distances, XS sights work well.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I like them fine for a short barreled, short range gun. I think of them more or less as a guide for point shooting rather than a sight for precision shooting. I have seen Yeager's video, I say so what? D.R. Middlebrook does the same thing with no sights. My point being, you can hit a steel plate at range with point shooting and enough time. If you want to narrow down a tight group, you need standard sights.

ranburr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,
I have the XS sights on my Sig P226. The big dot was very fast @ close range but was hard to hit targets past 8 or 10 yards because the front site covered the smaller targets. I swapped to the standard size big dot and I am very happy with it for concealed carry and pistol matches as well. MY (Our) XD9T will not get them because my wife does not like change and she learned to shoot with the 3 dot system. Bottom line is the XS sights are quick to aquire, rugged, and work great for any application, for me. I think that they are well worth the $120. price tag. I got Trijicons 3 dot sites on my USPC 9mm and they are not near as fast as the XS sights. I plan to change to XS sights on the HK in the near future.
Gary W. Odum CPS
Grapevine, TX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts