Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 99% sure now that I'm going to order/have install the XS Big Dots from [email protected] (complete 180 from my original sight choice). Has anyone done or seen the white ring on the front of these sights filled in with a luminescent sight paint? Thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shameless bump...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok - I'll bite -- why?

Actually a serious question. I have the Big Dot on my XDsc. Mine seem to light up pretty good in the dark.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok - I'll bite -- why?

Actually a serious question. I have the Big Dot on my XDsc. Mine seem to light up pretty good in the dark.
I like how the Trijicon HD's have the choice of orange/yellow surround on the front sight instead of white. I'm still on the fence between the Big Dot and the HD's, overall how do you like the Big Dots NP?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I haven't heard of that setup specifically, but from the research I've done it seems the site paint isn't that good of a product. That is obviously subjective since I don't know others prep methods and expectations, but I wouldn't expect it to be on the caliber of the HD's... Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input Invictis, maybe I'm over thinking the importance of front sight color, but I still think more color couldn't hurt?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should re-phrase this...I'm not talking about shining my tac light on the sight to charge the paint before an encounter. My mod question was based on the optimal night/day color for quick acquisition, other than white.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts