Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the XD-HS2000 subforum about my outstanding service with regard to the installation of my XS Big Dots.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-hs2000-com/178203-xs-big-dots-xd-hs2000.html

Today, I had the chance to get out and put about 10 magazines down range to test them out.

I'm sure everyone knows these are considered combat sights and not target sights. I will definitely agree. I shot at mostly 7 and 10 yard targets, since this is for a dedicated HD weapon and likely not going to need much beyond that distance. The front sight does cover up a large part of the bullseye which hampers accuracy. However, as a tradeoff, reacquisition of the front sight was amazing. I've always struggled with double taps or quick succession shots b/c I couldn't relocate the front sight and the second shot was more of a guess than anything. I ripped off the fastest 16 shots I could do in to a silhouette at 7 yards, and each shot would've hurt the bad guy.

As far as POA/POI, I watched the James Yeager video on youtube and expected to just need to cover the bullseye and the shot would nail it. I found if I did that, the shot would be about 3 inches high. Bringing the top of the big dot down to the level of the bullseye fixed that. I think more practice with regard to the position of the dot on the line will correct my problem.

All in all, these sights do what I wanted them to do. They give me very quick front sight acquisition. I would not say they are more or less accurate than the stock 3-dot sights that came on the pistol.

Another thing they did was make me want to get a new all-steel target-only pistol with adjustable night sights. Shooting my friend's 1911 and being amazingly accurate with it was fun. A 9mm 1911 or CZ 75B is now a recurring daydream.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I want one for my bodyguard 38 but I kinda want to know how the sight picture should look like with just their front sight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts