Springfield XD Forum banner

xs 24/7 sights good or bad

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  bd 
#1 ·
I am considering buying these and want to hear some opinions from some of the owners. Is big dot really helpfull? Let me know. Where is the cheapest place to get them. Thanks

Tim

#2 ·
I have them on one of my handguns, they are very fast for target aquisition but not really made for target shooting.

#4 ·
I have them on my SC 40 and really like them....in the context of their intended use. As a combat sight they are very fast in use, but have somewhat spoiled the gun as a range gun. It's a blast to shoot, but only during combat drills. A target gun it no longer is. Not that it was great before, but was usable for range fun with original sights. If you intend to carry and use your gun for self defense and will be practicing those kinds of things, I think you will like them. For range fun and general usage I would stick to something else (MHO)

#6 ·
I seriously considered these myself a few months ago. My XD40 is primarily used as a personal defense weapon. If I was strictly using it for this 100% of the time, I think the XS sights would have been the way to go. I got a lot of helpful insight from this forum. That being said, I ended up going with some Meprolight tritiums from ajames. What tipped the balance for me away from the XS sights is that I have been participating in a lot of IDPA style funshoots at a few of my local ranges recently. Based on some of the feedback I got here, I chose the 3-dot style sights for longer range accuracy beyond 10 yards. Some of these funshoots have targets out to 25 yards. It was a tought decision for me though. Good luck!

#8 ·
so for a sub these would be good for ccw but if i was to carry the 4inch what would be better the xs or the tfo's . i know i started something but im just curious to see what people feel about the use of the xs on a 4inch model when you can get a little more distance out of that pistol

#9 ·
Figgy1682 said:
so for a sub these would be good for ccw but if i was to carry the 4inch what would be better the xs or the tfo's . i know i started something but im just curious to see what people feel about the use of the xs on a 4inch model when you can get a little more distance out of that pistol
If you are interested in quick target acquisition, no matter what length barrel you have, the XS sights are very good for that purpose.

If you intend to use your gun for target shooting beyond combat distances you need to look at another system.

bd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.