Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you on the fence about whether or not the XML is worth the money, let me tell you it is! I'm not new to the mounted weapon light arena either. I own an Insight Technologies M5 weapon light for one of my SW99s, as it is the only one they offer to fit it well, and I have a Surefire mounted on my AR handguards. That little XML is the sturdiest of them all and is extremely well made. Well worth the investment of under $100 from Pistol-Gear to illuminate any threat. Excellent product!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would have to agree. I just picked up my XD9SC Sat. and they had a package there with the XML and the 9 for $509. They were selling the light seperately for 165 dollars! I didn't understand it but got the whole deal for $560 out the door. Thought that was a pretty good price since they were selling the light for $165 and the 9 for $429. Oh well, I played around with it for a bit Sat. night and let me tell you. That little light is pretty darn bright. Like the XD itself I was very impressed and surprised. I was sad to see the new X2 last night from the shot show that is out for the SC now. Wish I would of saved the money and got that one with the laser built in. Oh well just another purchase to be made. I guess we'll see what the results are of the laser first. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
well good to hear, im on the fence about waiting for an XML 2 or getting the standard XML... looks like im gonna wait for the new one

any news on how much the XML2 is gonna go for, or when and where we can buy it?

thanks for the review guys, glad to hear that its such a solid light!

your friend
-Chuck

·
Registered
381 Posts
I guess I just got a real GOOD deal. When I bought my 9 SC, it came with the XML. And I still paid $450 out the door for the whole package including 1 Pierce grip extension. I've seen a lot of shops sell just the gun for that price.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I guess I just got a real GOOD deal. When I bought my 9 SC, it came with the XML. And I still paid $450 out the door for the whole package including 1 Pierce grip extension. I've seen a lot of shops sell just the gun for that price.

·
Registered
443 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Yeah that is a good deal! Cool... 8)

·
Registered
580 Posts
i'm getting the picatinny rail adapter for my USP compact...i'm sure the XML will fit on it. has anyone tried that out yet?

and out of curiosity, as i sit here cleaning my P22...will the XML fit on the p22's rails??? hmm....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an SW99 full size and a compact. I think the rails on both are similar to the p22. I'll try it out and let you know. Chances are that it won't because Smith and Wesson and Walther both made their rails just a hair different than the rest of the rail platforms we now see on handguns. For instance, the only streamlight weapon light that will fit the SW99 is the M5 model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just got mine and i like it. very bright. only complaint is how far it sits out from the trigger gaurd. if i scoot it all the way back it wont be locked, but its flush with the barrel.. if i put it in the lock it sticks out.. i almost want to have another lock groove made in the gun.. hmm :idea: anyone else have this prob? i imagine it is because the other lights are bigger and need more clearance.

edit: this thing has the best focus ive seen in a while.. better than my streamlight and my inova led light. definatly better than a maglight.. this little thing puts off as much as a 4 c maglight! freekin cool! anyone know the battery life? i mean "useful" battery life, thanks. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
c22m22c said:
i'm getting the picatinny rail adapter for my USP compact...i'm sure the XML will fit on it. has anyone tried that out yet?

and out of curiosity, as i sit here cleaning my P22...will the XML fit on the p22's rails??? hmm....
I have an XD9SC and P22, and the XML fits both. I don't own an XML yet, but I did try the XML on the P22 at the store because I was curious.
-hype

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey how does the P22 shoot? I saw one at a gun show and that thing looked freakin awesome for a .22 and felt even better. Im thinking about convincing my mom to get one for herself so I can "play" with it at the range. Theyre cheap too!

·
Registered
580 Posts
i like mine. i think there were several posts concerning this particular handgun. its a fun gun to shoot. 1100 rounds in a day...you know?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i just got mine and i like it. very bright. only complaint is how far it sits out from the trigger gaurd. if i scoot it all the way back it wont be locked, but its flush with the barrel.. if i put it in the lock it sticks out.. i almost want to have another lock groove made in the gun.. hmm anyone else have this prob? i imagine it is because the other lights are bigger and need more clearance.
A Dremel tool will cure this problem if you're up to hacking on your frame. I added the extra groove on my XD. It makes the XML much easier to reach. The groove isn't as deep as the factory one since the serial # plate is in the way, but it works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
87-51 said:
i just got mine and i like it. very bright. only complaint is how far it sits out from the trigger gaurd. if i scoot it all the way back it wont be locked, but its flush with the barrel.. if i put it in the lock it sticks out.. i almost want to have another lock groove made in the gun.. hmm anyone else have this prob? i imagine it is because the other lights are bigger and need more clearance.
A Dremel tool will cure this problem if you're up to hacking on your frame. I added the extra groove on my XD. It makes the XML much easier to reach. The groove isn't as deep as the factory one since the serial # plate is in the way, but it works.
i already hacked it a bit, by smoothing the transition from the magwell to the gun. i just want to make it look clean. got pics? what bit did ya use? how did ya keep it straight?

im considering taking it to my buddies shop to put it in the mill and do it right. i was wondering about that serial # groove, and figured id do it like you said..

it almost stays there by itslelf..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't have any pics yet. I used one of the cut-off wheels to make both sides of the groove and remove the material in between. I took a file the size of the groove and smoothed it up a bit. It's not near as deep of groove as the factory, but it still works quite well. You do have to be very careful not to damage the serial # plate. If you have access to a mill it would probably work the best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts