Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After using my XD-9 Service with a M3 light on it, my wife really wants a tac-light for her XD-SC. I am planning to pick her up one for Christmas.

Shopping around I noticed that there is both the XML and the newer X2. The X2 seems to be a little bit more expensive. What is the difference between the two lights?

·
Registered
539 Posts
i believe there are some slight differences... i can't recall exactly... but do a search, its been covered before.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I may be wrong but I think the XML is for 4 and 5 inch while the X2 is for SC. I have the X2L (the light and laser) for my XD40 SC and love it except for price which was half the gun. But my X2L works on my 4 inch however it is not as close to the trigger as like the M3 or M6. Never tried the XML.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Parrishco said:
I may be wrong but I think the XML is for 4 and 5 inch while the X2 is for SC. I have the X2L (the light and laser) for my XD40 SC and love it except for price which was half the gun. But my X2L works on my 4 inch however it is not as close to the trigger as like the M3 or M6. Never tried the XML.
I believe thats incorrect. They are both made to be able to attach to an sc gun. I think the differences were that the x2 was a slightly improved later release on the xml. I spoke briefly to insight a long while ago and it hink they said that the mounting portion was changed a bit, and so was the control switch. I think maybe the x2 can have the focus adjusted while the xml can't(this one i'm real iffy on).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I emailed insight not to long ago and their first reply was "They are the same" so I emailed back with more specific questions, and their response was "The X2 is a newer model and would have incorporated any minor improvements"

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the XML and it's beam IS adjustable, and it has a momentary settin and an on/off of course. i have a service model and i keep the xml on the notch closest to the business end of the gun. If i keep it on the notch closest to the trigger, the on/off switch interferes with me putting my finger in and taking it out of the trigger gaurd but i have kinda long fingers. On th SC, i think there's only the one notch closest to the gaurd.

Since you said it's for your wife, i don't think she'd have the same issue with her trigger finger, but it is something to consider. I haven't had any expierience with the X-2 though, so i can't comment on that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Parrishco,

JPFO has determined that alleged hitler quote to be a hoax (and sense they are the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, this is probably worth noting and correcting)

The following is pasted from www.jpfo.org/faq.htm

Question: Is the following an authentic Hitler quotation?

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolph Hitler, 1935

Answer: No, it's a hoax. At least nobody has been able to verify it.

For more information, see:
http://www.guncite.com/gcbogus.html
http://www.guncite.com/gcnazimyth.html
http://pages.prodigy.com/geoffc/hitler.htm

The following is authentic:

Der größte Unsinn, den man in den besetzen Ostgebieten machen könnte, sei der, den unterworfenen Völkern Waffen zu geben. Die Geschichte lehre, daß alle Herrenvölker untergegangen seien, nachdem sie den von ihnen unterworfenen Volkern Waffen bewilligt hatten.
[The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.]
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts