Springfield XD Forum banner

Do you check XDTalk from work?

• Yep, I cost America millions in the time I waste.

• No, I'm busy stitching together Nike shoes.

• I'm unemployed and living off a steady diet of government cheese.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm red-eyed and tired. My roommates stay up late, so it's tough for me to head to bed. But at least I have XDTalk. Mmmm.

(Sigh)

I want to sleep.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So you should complain some more... i get up at 540 am drive for an hour and 30 minutes... work for 8 and a half hours... drive home another hour and 30 minutes... then try to make something of the energy i have left before passing out just to do it again the next day... bitch bitch bitch... at least you dont have the annoying kid across the hall keeping you up now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
None of the above...

Only check in between cleaning guns, hording ammo and thinking of new targets .

Life’s a bitch then you shoot.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
HaHa! Every day, all the time. I'm the refresh master. And to make it better, I actually work for a college, so it's straight up government money I'm spending!

HaHa!

·
Registered
386 Posts
That’s my money. :shock: Well It’s a much better way of spending tax
payers money than all the other ways the government throws it away. :D

Work in IT department and yes usually have it up on my second monitor.

Just remember if you surf at work there is probably somebody that is monitoring your activity from time to time, unless it is a small company. Don’t want anyone to get fired because they are trying to get there fix of HS2000/XDTalk. :cry: That would be bad

Get your taxes done, Don’t let your Uncle keep what money is rightfully yours! He gets enough already. Support the Fair tax and do away with tax time.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I do the monitoring so no worries. It gets lonely in this office when I am quoting or doing design work.

boss jumped my **** once for irc being up in the background, So I told him I hadn't left my office all morning and then I asked him how it was any different than being out in the shop where everyone is yapping away w/ each other all day. At least w/ a comp. screen, I can ignore the people who really annoy me. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh yeah. I work an overnight shift, so sometimes it's what keeps me awake. The only times I don't check is if I'm actually busy, I'm the only person in my department for the night or if I remembered to bring my PS2 and we get a tournament going or watch DVD's.

Sometimes I love my job. 8)

·
Registered
875 Posts
I work in a svery slow retail store. It is almost noon and I haven't had one customer in our store yet. I spend most of my time here, Steyr Club and on THR.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Heh. Yeah, I work for the department that does the monitoring. And in reality, I'm paying my own paycheck, since I'm a student here too...

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
sturmruger said:
I spend most of my time... Steyr Club ...

NEVER!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Nope, I wait until I get home. The gub'mint doesn't take kindly to frivolous use of information assets.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well that’s not true NiK, just not at your level, need to be a politician or much higher up in the food chain to be afforded that luxury of being able to waist resources and screw off on the tax payers dime. I am not bagging on where you are at I am sure you are much smarter and further along in your carrier than I am, just making point . Don’t want to be taken the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
attackrott said:
Well that’s not true NiK, just not at your level, need to be a politician or much higher up in the food chain to be afforded that luxury of being able to waist resources and screw off on the tax payers dime. I am not bagging on where you are at I am sure you are much smarter and further along in your carrier than I am, just making point . Don’t want to be taken the wrong way.
The DoD, as do all departments of the federal government and even private companies, has rules governing the appropriate use of the internet at work. Does everyone follow these rules? No, and I don't always follow them either. The main reason I don't surf the forum at work (other than being busy har har) is that I don't like to check private e-mail or look at bank/credit card statements on any network that I don't own and fully control. All of your actions can be subject to scrutiny.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
When the going get's tough...the tough go surfing!
This is my stress relief, when I am ready to tell some whiney student or faculty member to jump off a bridge, I switch over here and check on my 'buds!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts