Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

Please take time to view the http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-talk-announcements/180382-xdtalk-forum-rules-code-conduct.html#post2956026 if you haven't look at it or haven't looked at it recently. I just made an update to it today which I hope everyone will adhere to and won't cause any issues.

Now that I'm back, I've been noticing a lot of signatures having links to on-line stores or stores with an on-line presence who are not commercial sponsors here at XDTalk. Although I'm all for capitalism and marketing, unless the link is to an XDTalk Commercial Sponsor, it must be removed. This is only in fairness for our sponsors here who help pay the bills for running the forum. This rule follows 99% of any other on-line forum which gets its support from commercial sponsors and only applies to your signature.

I will give everyone 7 days, starting today, to fix their signatures. If I find a signature which doesn't follow the rules, I will quietly and silently remove the offending part of the signature.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Dan,

I've got my family business as my "website" but its not in my sig. Remove?

P.S. Maybe you could PM advertising costs.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Many of the issues that we MODs face are because people are not familiary with the CoC for XDTALK. I find it sad that only 650 people have read them thus far. We have roughly 11000 people that still need to review the rules.

Please do so, thanks.

OS

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Some of the other firearm forums that have "raised the bar" or pushed their rules hard have lost posters.:rolleyes: I am not implying that rules are not needed one just needs to look at the usenet system to see how not having rules can make posting and reading not worth the effort.;) But again you need to tread carefuly and not become to over moderated and forceful in trying to make changes.;) Just my thoughts on this subject.:roll:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
happygunner said:
Some of the other firearm forums that have "raised the bar" or pushed their rules hard have lost posters.:rolleyes: I am not implying that rules are not needed one just needs to look at the usenet system to see how not having rules can make posting and reading not worth the effort.;) But again you need to tread carefuly and not become to over moderated and forceful in trying to make changes.;) Just my thoughts on this subject.:roll:
Our rules are pretty much on par with other larger forums. There is no intention of over-moderating XDTalk or to alienate our members. This is more of a gentle reminder to just take a quick peep at the CoC and know that it's there. Honestly, 99.9% of you guys are perfectly fine. It's the 0.1% which ends up causing trouble. That's why the CoC is there in the first place.

Cheers,
Dan

·
<b>Cat Herder</b>
24,885 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
What if I have a link to another website that is not a business? Is that okay?
This has not been a problem in the past.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lumberjack98 said:
What if I have a link to another website that is not a business? Is that okay?
What Frenchy said is correct. :)

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't think this is unreasonable, and I like this board a lot so far as it seems to not be as clique heavy as some other gun talk boards. I hope to become the most popular person here and change that, by forming my own clique and crushing any upcoming poster who dares to try to joke with me and my crew BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH.a.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just read the CoC. This is a very good forum. Like everything else, a good forum needs good rules. Rules that every member should abide by. I will & I think every other good member here will also. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
126,816 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was telling someone just today how impressed I am with XDTalk. It is very professionally managed to the benefit of all concerned.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have a bit of Internet marketing experience and I just don't like that you are not being straight here. You are upset because people who post links in their sig cut into your bottom line. At least on the surface it would seem they do. The problem is that the posters who post good info/comments and have a sig with a link to a commercial site are also supporting your forum by being here. Large presence, more free advertising. It's an incentive to stay.

Now I know we all have domain costs. Mine are about $90 a month for more bandwidth and storage that I could ever use in a lifetime. You can pay for that with one outbound link.

I'm not trying to be a punk. I am just a fan of a forum that will allow people to speak. I fear mods that take a open forum and slowly turn it into the fascist type of place we are all here to protect ourselves from. Please realize that there are other ways to monetize this site...many other ways!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You are confused I am just a new user of the forum asking for help on how to list a post on the forum. Calm down i have nothing to do with anything you are talking about. You seem to be wound up over something.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Kermee (or any of the mods)
I see the new update re: links in users sigs. If I understand the new policy correctly, it only applies to links for BUSINESSES? Are the links in my sig an issue? Hope you guys can clarify this issue for me....
Thanks
Thomas

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Give us time for a conference on this particular
question and we will get you an answer.

Ed

Kermee (or any of the mods)
I see the new update re: links in users sigs. If I understand the new policy correctly, it only applies to links for BUSINESSES? Are the links in my sig an issue? Hope you guys can clarify this issue for me....
Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Give us time for a conference on this particular
question and we will get you an answer.

Ed
Very cool! Thanks Ed!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.