Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I wanted a 45 minor load to compete in ESP against the 9mm guys. I bought a cheap lee 160gr lrnfp mold, bullets come out 165gr. Running at 760fps, using a 14# recoil spring, they print poa/poi @ 50ft, 2" offhand groups, recoil feels like a 9mm & they ran 100% with no malfunction for two mags worth. So for those that said it cant be done, well it can. Let the games begin.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
26 Posts
With my new XD45 Tactical being in ESP, I need to develop a minor pf load for 200 gr moly. I have a 230 fmj minor load at 600 fps that my Glocks shoot great, 4.4 of 231. Nice easy shooter for the Glock 30.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With my new XD45 Tactical being in ESP, I need to develop a minor pf load for 200 gr moly. I have a 230 fmj minor load at 600 fps that my Glocks shoot great, 4.4 of 231. Nice easy shooter for the Glock 30.
You can shoot the XDTAC in SSP, as long as you leave the stock trigger in place. Mine has a PRP, close as I can get to a 1911 in a non 1911. I ran this load at the Steel Challenge practice match Sat, really, really soft, the front sight seems to never leave the target. Shooting below 3.5sec for 5 hits, 5 separate targets from the holster @ surrender. It's not fast enough win, but fast for me.:mrgreen: I only had one stoppage, probably slightly under charged, the recoil spring is brand new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
IDPA rule 8.1.1.2 "... Single action semi-automatic firearms compete in ESP or CDP, depending upon caliber."

XDs are SAO since the striker is cocked before the trigger is pulled, where as Glocks cock and release the striker with the trigger and can compete in either ESP or SSP.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDPA rule 8.1.1.2 "... Single action semi-automatic firearms compete in ESP or CDP, depending upon caliber."

XDs are SAO since the striker is cocked before the trigger is pulled, where as Glocks cock and release the striker with the trigger and can compete in either ESP or SSP.
They moved the XD into SSP this year, actually last Oct, it is now classified as a striker fired, which it always has been. So as long as the gun is stock, no replacement trigger, it can be shot in SSP or ESP or both. Of course if it is 45acp & you shoot major, it then can be used in CDP. I swap springs & shoot my XDTAC in CDP & ESP, it has a PRP trigger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll check with local club to see if they are familiar with the change.
Since IDPA doesn't have a list of guns and what category they fit in, it may be viewed differently. Not doubting you, could be seen as a grey area.

Is there a change in writing that clarifies this?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^THIS^^ Not a grey area at all, but your club MD & Sos have to have read the new rule book. All striker fired STOCK/unmodified guns are legal in SSP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts