Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XDSC I bought in '08. Love the gun, but want to replace the sights. They are the 6 o'clock style, and I'm used to POA. If I hold the sights at a POA style (like all my other guns), I an routinely 6-7" (!!) high on the paper.

So....that being said, are there any sights that will give me a POA with my XDSC? I really like the Tru-glo TFO's, but at this point, I just want to get them to shoot the same as my other firearms, regardless of brand or being night sights.

Any help in the right direction is greatly appeciated!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an XDsc 9mm and although the manual says it's 6 o'clock, mine is POA dead on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an XDsc 9mm and although the manual says it's 6 o'clock, mine is POA dead on.
My manual says 6 o'clock, and it's definately 6 o'clock.

I get good groupings, but they're consistently high ~6".

I know it's not as important in a SD situation, but my local range only allows 25yd pistol shooting (nothing closer), and for consistency, I would like all my pistols to have a POA hold.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I like my guns POA too. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your issue since thank God I don't have that problem. And I tell you what, this has to be the most accurate 3" barrel firearm in the whole world it's unbelievable.

Last time on the range I was shooting with a friend at 100 ft, the first one that hits the bulls eye. On the third shot I knew I had to hit the bulls eye cause I felt I had good control on that shot. We brought the target toward us, and man, you cannot find a more dead center than that. It felt good accomplishing that shot with such a small gun, but specially, I felt proud of my XD.

·
Registered
309 Posts
My XD9 service model shot with a 6 o'clock hold with the factory sights;never could adjust to that.I sent it to the Springfield Custom Shop for the fixed tritium night sight set;it shoots POA/POI now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check out Dawson Precision's website. They have tons of options for the XD and will tell you exactly what front sight height you'll need once you've selected a rear sight. If you order from them directly they guarantee POA and will swap the front sight for free if it's not. Called once before my order and once to check on it (tritiums back ordered a week) and you couldn't ask to speak to nicer folks on the phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
plus for Dawson Precision. I have purchased several sights from them. They want you to shoot off sand bags to determine exactly how high the gun is to get POA. They have a formula that ids the hight of the sight you need. Just go to their web site.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check out Dawson Precision's website +2 here I have Dawson's sight's on all 3 of my XD/XDm's and they are great! All shoot POA and that red fiber optic stands out very well

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Trijicons old and HD shoot POA so do Truglos.
Meprolight is hard to say since they complicated things and now have a bunch of damn options and each shoots differently.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bought a set of tru glo's for my XD9. I have installed these sights on numerous guns but.....this XD of mine wants to keep the old sights. I have never had to hit a sight as hard as I have these and they won't budge...Called Springfield and the little gal that answered my call says to center the punch on the left side3 of the sight and they will cdom3e off. Also says that is the way the change them at customer service. And if she can do it so should I.
Mine will not move.

Has anyone experienced the same problems with these factory XD sights ?????

·
Registered
175 Posts
bought a set of tru glo's for my XD9. I have installed these sights on numerous guns but.....this XD of mine wants to keep the old sights. I have never had to hit a sight as hard as I have these and they won't budge...Called Springfield and the little gal that answered my call says to center the punch on the left side3 of the sight and they will cdom3e off. Also says that is the way the change them at customer service. And if she can do it so should I.
Mine will not move.

Has anyone experienced the same problems with these factory XD sights ?????
When I had mine changed out, the person changing them could not believe how much pressure it took to get them out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts