Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting and carrying my XDSC9 more lately and am reminded of how much I like this gun. I carry it in a Supertuck, and recently returned it to Crossbreed to have them tighten the retention. It didn't seem much tighter when I got it back. My gun still comes out of the holster (yes, when I'm wearing it) easier than I'd like. I don't want to pay for shipping again, so I'll just use it for a while. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Would a stiffer belt help?

I've been wearing it at 4:00 lately and it seems to conceal the best there. The subcompact is a little heavy, but it is worth it to have such a solid-shooting gun on me. I might get a Ruger LCR for easier summer carry, though. I held a guy's LC9 today at the range, and I liked how light it was, but I prefer a more substantial grip, which hinders concealed carry. Tradeoffs....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Without going into specifics, you can adjust retention yourself using a damp towel/hair dryer, if I remember correctly.

If you are not using a dedicated gun belt, you should. That alone might solve your retention issues. Crossbreed offers one, and I have one from The Beltman. I see others recommended on this forum as well, such as Wilderness Tactical. A good gun belt is a must.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My belt helps tons. I use the Wilderness Instructors 5 stitch. Other than heating and shaping your kydex I don't the CB holsters tension can be adjusted.

You may look into the Com-Tac MTAC/Minotaur holster, I use this one as well, it does have a tension adjustment but is just a tad less comfortable (IMHO) than the CB.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it's time to get a good belt. Has anyone tried the towel/hairdryer procedure? I read the directions and decided not to risk ruining the holster. That's why I sent it back for them to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts