Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
No, and curious why you'd want to. There are plenty of good options in .380 that are not nearly as heavy in a similar size, and plenty that are considerably smaller if that's something you are looking for. I guess I just don't see any benefit in going that direction, personally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, and curious why you'd want to. There are plenty of good options in .380 that are not nearly as heavy in a similar size, and plenty that are considerably smaller if that's something you are looking for. I guess I just don't see any benefit in going that direction, personally.
Good question!

The country I'm from, only allows me to have .380 but it's way too difficult to get the permits. So, I got my hands on this XDS9 to be able to protect my home. I love the gun, it shoots accurately, has very little recoil, super discrete. but if I get to use it defending my home or my family, I'll be in serious problems since it's not compliant with the regulated caliber.

So, I was just wondering.

Thank you all for the feedback.

·
Registered
30,090 Posts
Good question!

The country I'm from, only allows me to have .380 but it's way too difficult to get the permits. So, I got my hands on this XDS9 to be able to protect my home. I love the gun, it shoots accurately, has very little recoil, super discrete. but if I get to use it defending my home or my family, I'll be in serious problems since it's not compliant with the regulated caliber.

So, I was just wondering.

Thank you all for the feedback.
It could be done, if you have access to a good gunsmith.

They’d need to either machine a .380 barrel, or possibly just weld the chamber shorter and then ream it for .380.

You would need a much lighter recoil spring, but that’s easy.

Hard part will be modifying the mags, if necessary; they may need to be shortened if you have feed issues.

So…it’s possible; just not easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be done, if you have access to a good gunsmith.

They’d need to either machine a .380 barrel, or possibly just weld the chamber shorter and then ream it for .380.

You would need a much lighter recoil spring, but that’s easy.

Hard part will be modifying the mags, if necessary; they may need to be shortened if you have feed issues.

So…it’s possible; just not easy.
Thank you man! I guess I'll have to weight in the prons and cons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can...but it’s not safe, nor smart. The case won’t be properly headspaced, and nothing good comes from that.
You are right, and anyways... Just yesterday we woke up with a new lay that from this day forward it prohibits civilians from even owning .380 Glocks, CZ and Beretta. So, I guess even if I was able to get some sort of thing working out to make mine shoot .380 it would fall under the category of the Glocks and CZ due to its size and ammo capacity.

It bothers me how governments are doing all they can to unarm people.

So, I'm keeping my 9mm and weight the risk of using it if necessary. I prefer to go to jail defending my home and family than mourn if something goes down and I can't defend them.

Than you everybody for reading, and sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts