Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an XDS almost three weeks ago and had issues with it right out of the box. The slide catch barely worked at times, if I breathed on it the slide would return home. Most of the time it seemed to do it's job, but I had three light primer strikes with quality ammo within the first 33 rounds. I also had a failure to eject. In addition, the sights were messed up. The right rear sight had a big blob of white paint on it. In other words, the left rear sight was concave while the right rear sight was convex. The manager at Cabela's worked on the sight and clearned it up pretty well, but it's not perfect, so along with the other problems I sent it to Springfield and got it back 16 days later.

I haven't fired it yet, but here's my concerns from the initial inspection. The sight is the same as it left, so they just ignored it. The notes state that they inspected, lubed, and tested the pistol, but there's nothing to indicate whether they actually had to repair it or not. I have a feeling I'm going to go to the range and deal with the same issues. I specifically told them the problems were intermittent, and I have no way of knowing how many rounds they fired through this to see if they could recreate the problem.

A two-week turnaround is respectable, but so far the customer service sucks other than that (compared to Glock). When I purchased a new Glock 19 last year, I had brass in the face problems. When I sent it to Glock, they called me and told me that they tested the gun with 75 rounds and experienced the same problem and that they were going to fix it. I received a call a few days later stating that they replaced the dipped extractor with a new one and put another 75 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly.

Springfield, if you're listening, that's what you need to do to keep your customers happy. It's all about communication. Thus far, it looks like they put a few rounds through it, didn't see an issue, lubed it up and sent it back. I'll stop by the range tomorrow and see how it performs with 50-100 rounds. If I run into problems again I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the company. I'll keep those who are interested in the loop. Please let me know you're thoughts. Does springfield normally annotate that they had to make a repair?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I purchased an XDS almost three weeks ago and had issues with it right out of the box. The slide catch barely worked at times, if I breathed on it the slide would return home. Most of the time it seemed to do it's job, but I had three light primer strikes with quality ammo within the first 33 rounds. I also had a failure to eject. In addition, the sights were messed up. The right rear sight had a big blob of white paint on it. In other words, the left rear sight was concave while the right rear sight was convex. The manager at Cabela's worked on the sight and clearned it up pretty well, but it's not perfect, so along with the other problems I sent it to Springfield and got it back 16 days later.

I haven't fired it yet, but here's my concerns from the initial inspection. The sight is the same as it left, so they just ignored it. The notes state that they inspected, lubed, and tested the pistol, but there's nothing to indicate whether they actually had to repair it or not. I have a feeling I'm going to go to the range and deal with the same issues. I specifically told them the problems were intermittent, and I have no way of knowing how many rounds they fired through this to see if they could recreate the problem.

A two-week turnaround is respectable, but so far the customer service sucks other than that (compared to Glock). When I purchased a new Glock 19 last year, I had brass in the face problems. When I sent it to Glock, they called me and told me that they tested the gun with 75 rounds and experienced the same problem and that they were going to fix it. I received a call a few days later stating that they replaced the dipped extractor with a new one and put another 75 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly.

Springfield, if you're listening, that's what you need to do to keep your customers happy. It's all about communication. Thus far, it looks like they put a few rounds through it, didn't see an issue, lubed it up and sent it back. I'll stop by the range tomorrow and see how it performs with 50-100 rounds. If I run into problems again I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the company. I'll keep those who are interested in the loop. Please let me know you're thoughts. Does springfield normally annotate that they had to make a repair?
Sorry to hear that. SA CS has been the best out of all them for for me. who did you talk two. What was the born date on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
3.3 or 4.0 ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sent mine back after one week for a grip safety sticking, I got it back in about 2 weeks . The problem was fixed however no specifics as to what they fixed, I have put a 100 rnds through it since and no issues so far, hope you g yours worked out, a shame Cabelas didn't just take it back and Return it to SA for you, seams like their CS needs to improve as well...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've yet to find a gun dealer that will take a gun back and give you a new one. Maybe they're out there, but I haven't come across one.

My XDs had issues out of the box. SA sent me a return shipping label The time it left to the time it returned was something like 10 days, and that was over a holiday weekend. The packing slip said they adjusted the extractor. The gun has performed flawlessly since.

I would like to have seen more information on the work order, however I'm happy that the gun works as it should now.

I agree with you that communication would be a good thing...

Hope your gun works well when you test it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts