Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the XDS pistols fully cocked when the chamber is loaded or when the slide has been racked ? I've been around Glocks and hammer guns so I am still confused with the XDS pistols. Thanks for any information .

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I am not a very technical guy, but I believe they are fully cocked as there does not feel like there is a 'Double Action' stage to complete cocking, But some do say the are double action, I don't know why.

My LCP is hammer fired and partially cocked and your trigger pull completes the cocking, I don't think most striker fired guns are that way, but I have no first hand knowledge..

·
Registered
61 Posts
A striker fired gun is neither single action or double action. It is considered striker fired. The striker is partially cocked when racking the slide. The trigger then pushes the striker the rest of the way back, disengages the striker safety and then the striker is released. The XD-E is hammer fired da/sa action.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
A striker fired gun is neither single action or double action. It is considered striker fired. The striker is partially cocked when racking the slide. The trigger then pushes the striker the rest of the way back, disengages the striker safety and then the striker is released. The XD-E is hammer fired da/sa action.
That depends on the gun.

In the XDS’s case, that is correct (and several other models, as well). However, there are others that don’t fall into the same category—the HK P7 is a distinctly SAO striker fired pistol, for example...and the Walther P99/SW99 (and the currently produced Canik clone) are true DAO capable strikers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That depends on the gun.

In the XDS’s case, that is correct (and several other models, as well). However, there are others that don’t fall into the same category—the HK P7 is a distinctly SAO striker fired pistol, for example...and the Walther P99/SW99 (and the currently produced Canik clone) are true DAO capable strikers.
Correct. I have a P99 and a P99c as well as an SW99. Sorry, I should have been more specific as I was really referring to XD's. Thanks for clearing up my mud, LOL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe the XD/XDS are technucally consideres single action, where, say a GLOCK, is technically considered double action.

I am of the opinion, as stated by some above, that they are all striker fired. But technically, on the XD/XDS when you pull the trigger, it does no cocking of the striker, hence...single action.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Striker fired pistol is STRIKER fired, were is a tap safety trigger or a long trigger pull, and the Glock is striker fired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts