Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this normal? It's got me upset. The back side of the finger trigger safety seems to be denting and marring the polymer frame? Is this normal!? It seems this would make the trigger safety guard less effective as a safety!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
No, not normal at all. Neither of mine have anything like those markings. From the looks of things, you aren't long from having the trigger safety rendered completely useless. Call SA, get that gun serviced.

As to the cause, I can only speculate. My guess is you have your finger high on the trigger shoe so that the trigger safety isn't *quite* disengaged as you pull the trigger so it wears against the frame in that spot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this normal? It's got me upset. The back side of the finger trigger safety seems to be denting and marring the polymer frame? Is this normal!? It seems this would make the trigger safety guard less effective as a safety!
I hardly shot it and when I did it was smooth. I've owned other polymer frames like this with no problem and I shoot with the pad of my index finger square on the trigger! I feel like I got the short end of the stick here. Wish I had inspected the gun a little closer prior to buying. I can't trust this pistol if it eating into the polymer like that!?

Nate

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Contact SA about it, like @justashooter2a said.

Getting a defective item can feel like a personal slight, but it isn't. Nobody's perfect, that's why companies (like SA) that offer "No BS" warranties AND honor them are so respected.

I've never tested my SA warranty(s) or their customer service, but I only hear and read good things. I've read more complaints about steel-lined AK P-Mags than I have about SA's guns, service, and/or warranty*.

*If you're just joining us, that =1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Contact SA about it, like @justashooter2a said.

Getting a defective item can feel like a personal slight, but it isn't. Nobody's perfect, that's why companies (like SA) that offer "No BS" warranties AND honor them are so respected.

I've never tested my SA warranty(s) or their customer service, but I only hear and read good things. I've read more complaints about steel-lined AK P-Mags than I have about SA's guns, service, and/or warranty*.

*If you're just joining us, that =1.[/QUOTEI just looked at mt XDs 45. It has that same exact slot under the trigger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just looked at my XDs 45, & it looks EXACTLY the same. The little slot is off to the right, under the trigger. So my gun, & the OP's gun look EXACTLY the same. Nothing wrong here. GARY

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just looked at my XDs 45, & it looks EXACTLY the same. The little slot is off to the right, under the trigger. So my gun, & the OP's gun look EXACTLY the same. Nothing wrong here. GARY
Mine XDs .45 (1st year of production) is exactly the same. I have more than 1000 rounds thru it.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Both of mine look like the OP's too. Don't panic.
That's interesting and informative. I had an XDS a couple of yrs ago but threw it over for a Walther PPS. I don't recall that frame encroachment but don't doubt it either.

I looked over my two current XDMs and don't have it on either but they are a different animal so no answers there, really.

As much as I trust members of XDTalk to be knowledgeable and trustworthy, I would do a little more research AND call Springfield Armory for a definitive answer.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Thats normal thats the slot that the magazine release spring arm rests in, the other arm of the spring pushes against the lever internally. Pull the slide off and shine a flashlight behind the trigger and infront of the mag release assembly. Follow the spring.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
^^^ there ya go^^^

If James says it's cool, it's cool.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My XDS 45 trigger safety lever clicks on the bottom of the frame a little bit when the safety lever returns from being depressed. I took some 400 Emory cloth and smoothed it down, to me it looks about the same as yours. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts