Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently shot around 250 rounds through my xds .45 and after I noticed my trigger was barely releasing. It pretty much bottoms out before the striker releases. I didn't notice this before I shot all of thoes rounds. My buddy has the same gun and his releases before mine does. I took it all apart and thoroughly examined everything and it all looks good. I was wondering if it would be ok to shave (very slightly, then polish) the bottom of the striker where it engages the sear to make it disengage sooner? Has anyone done this? Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not an expert but before I would shave the striker I would contact Springfield customer service and get their opinion because it's probably under warranty. Polishing is not a problem and may help. I have about the same number of rounds through my XDS 45 and do not have the problem you described.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 250 rounds I shot was just at one time I have about 600 total. It still works fine but the trigger almost bottoming out kind of scares me since it is my carry gun. It almost feels like it bottoms out before the striker releases

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey, cblodge42,
Not sure, cause I can`t see exactly what you are talking about. If the trigger moves rearward after the sear trips, that is over travel and most try to fix that, on pistols like the 1911. I just checked both of my XDS pistols, and it seams I have just what you describe. After the the striker is released I can not move the triggers rearward at all. Without knowing more, I would say your XDS is just right.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
polishing parts is alright do not remove material. and make sure the striker channel is clean and is free of factory lube it really doesn't need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts