Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a xds 4 inch 9mm. I was looking at the PRP spring kit (I put their drop-in kit in my xdm 5.25 competition and was very happy with it) I have also seen a spring kit and sear from Galloway Precision (I have put their springs in my Kahr CM9 and Sig P938 both helped lighten and clean up the trigger). Does anyone have experience with either of these for their XDs? I have heard good things about the PRP kit I am wondering if it is too risky to change out the factory sear on a CC gun. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also have the PRP spring kit in my 9mm XDs which now breaks at about 5# which I find just fine for a carry gun.

I have my XDm 5.25 down to about 4.25# and I wanted the trigger on both guns to feel the same and they are very close.

Not interested in getting the S much lighter than it is so I wouldn't consider the sear exchange.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I bought the Ultimate PRP trigger kit for my 5.25 comp and it was drop-in and my trigger is an even 2 lbs. I know that is too light for most but for me it is perfect for a competition trigger. It was also crisp and clean. I want my xds to be around 5 lbs but not lower since it will be for carry. I really hope it cleans the trigger break up to a crisp break. Right now my pull is about 7.5 lbs and the break is stiff and hard, not a horrible trigger but it could be better. I definitely have my reservation about changing out sears but have received quality products from Galloway. I am leaning toward the PRP spring kit sine the one I picked up for my 5.25 worked so great. I plan to put the spring kit in myself but have heard it can be a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, I bought the Ultimate PRP trigger kit for my 5.25 comp and it was drop-in and my trigger is an even 2 lbs. I know that is too light for most but for me it is perfect for a competition trigger. It was also crisp and clean. I want my xds to be around 5 lbs but not lower since it will be for carry. I really hope it cleans the trigger break up to a crisp break. Right now my pull is about 7.5 lbs and the break is stiff and hard, not a horrible trigger but it could be better. I definitely have my reservation about changing out sears but have received quality products from Galloway. I am leaning toward the PRP spring kit sine the one I picked up for my 5.25 worked so great. I plan to put the spring kit in myself but have heard it can be a bit of a pain.
.............................It's not really that bad, The grip safety spring is about the only tough part but not bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I have heard, about the grip safety. I will make sure I have a chunk of time set aside so I don't get stressed if it takes longer than expected. It can't be as scary as when I tried to trade out the retainer pin in my 5.25 and my punch broke in the slide it took me a week to find the best way to get it out (it was wedged in there). Thought I broke my new gun for a $3 part. It was a cheap punch and I got it all out and exchanged with no damage to my gun it gave me a scare :confused: ah the joy of amateur gun smithing :D I do enjoy learning about my guns and the feeling of accomplishment of doing some of the work myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts