1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wifes XDS 4.0 with PRP spring kit in it
she fired 240 rounds i fired 10 rounds through it
1 light strike

so just put factory strike spring back in, no other issues and trigger has nicer pull to it than before ( not like my PRP ultimate fitted sears of course but its for her not me ;) )

·
Registered
230 Posts
wifes XDS 4.0 with PRP spring kit in it
she fired 240 rounds i fired 10 rounds through it
1 light strike

so just put factory strike spring back in, no other issues and trigger has nicer pull to it than before ( not like my PRP ultimate fitted sears of course but its for her not me ;) )
Both my xds triggers - recalled/returned 45 and recent production 9 - are pretty light and smooth. The pull is ~5.5 lbs with no grittiness. This would be fine, except there is an excessive amount of creep in both. Does this kit do anything to make the trigger crisper? If so, can you explain the mechanics in terms for someone who has intimate knowledge of Glocks, but not so much the xds where the designs part ways?

I'm guessing it doesn't reduce the mushiness, but hoping anyway. I would like these guns quite a bit more if not for the mushy triggers. In fact, with a good trigger, they would be damn close to the much fantasized about small single stack Glock (that is not a .380).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Does this kit do anything to make the trigger crisper?
Unfortunately, as a spring replacement kit it really can't do anything beyond lighten up the pull weight some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine felt mushier at first but went back to normal after a little dry firing. Only fired 50 rounds for my CHL class since installing but zero malfunctions so far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The trigger design prevents it from ever being crisp. Remember you are pushing that strike back. It is not just releasing it. It's just something you have to learn it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
The trigger design prevents it from ever being crisp. Remember you are pushing that strike back. It is not just releasing it. It's just something you have to learn it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can learn it, even take advantage. Once you learn the "feel of the creep" you can take that up, as you do the slack before the creep, then you can break the trigger with only a slight additional movement. That's fine for a range gun, but not what I want in something I'm carrying.

My Glocks are striker fired and have much crisper triggers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts