Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
21,874 Posts
You probably missed it since it’s the same size as the hellcat yet no where near as many rounds.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Throw on an optic and slower moving models in a hot market suddenly start selling. Fancy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Throw on an optic and slower moving models in a hot market suddenly start selling. Fancy that.
I like my xds mod2 a lot but wish it was OSP. Also like my Hellcat. What I don't get is if they can OSP a Hellcat and a XDS why in the hell don't they offer an OSP XD-M Elite 3.8 & 3.8 Compact???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found two available on gunbroker for $430 each (XDSG9339BOSP XDS Mod2 OSP) and thought I'd give them a try. The first thing I noticed when I got them was the scant 'extras' that come with them. The XDSs and XDMs that I have some with lots of goodies. This XDS OSP has a really nice (not) cable lock and two mags - one high cap and one flush with a pinkie plate. I have an RMRcc. It doesn't fit the slide cutout. Now I'm on the hunt to find a dot that fits the slide cut :-/ I don't know how this cut compares to the one on the Hellcat.

One other thing to mention is that the OSP version of the XDS mod2 lacks the chambered round indicator on top. You can still get a sense of having a round chambered by feeling the extractor. Without gloves this would be very workable. With gloves I doubt your could feel the extractor popped out tho.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
One other thing to mention is that the OSP version of the XDS mod2 lacks the chambered round indicator on top. You can still get a sense of having a round chambered by feeling the extractor. Without gloves this would be very workable. With gloves I doubt your could feel the extractor popped out tho.
Thanks for the info. For me, the lack of the loaded chamber indicator is not an issue, but I suppose it might be for some.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I bought a Fiber Optic front sight Hellcat and a XDM9 Elite 3.8 this year, gagging on less lethal 9's right now. Just bought a extra extended 40 mag for my XDS40 Mod 2, doubt we'll see any 40 OSP anything.
Buying a 9MM OSP just for play is not for me, but something the wife might carry? Maybe, but it would have to be a Hellcat OSP or XDM 3.8, she's not a XDS fan. Just stirring the pot about the 9/40 stuff. I'll carry a 22 if need be, but I'll carry.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have an RMRcc. It doesn't fit the slide cutout. Now I'm on the hunt to find a dot that fits the slide cut :-/ I don't know how this cut compares to the one on the Hellcat.
Does it not come with adapter plates? I thought I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the XDM OSP also did not come with adapter plates and the owner had to request them directly from Springfield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unless the adapter plates are incorporated into the cable lock i'm afraid that all you get is the pistol, 1 lowcap mag, one higher cap mag, a nylon zip case, manual, and a sticker.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
It appears that the gun is designed so as to not need adapter plates for "the smallest, most popular micro red dots on the market" so you are in luck as long as you have one of those,

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the XDS OSP because I didn't want an adapter plate for a concealed carry gun in order to keep the size as small as possible.

I asked Springfield a question about whether the slide cut on the XDS OSP is the same at for the Hellcat OSP. No response from Springfield which surprises me because they are usually good about answering my email questions.

I'm going to assume the XDS OSP has a slide cut in the RMSc profile which is what the Hellcat has. I just purchased a Swampfox Sentinel which fits the RMSc. Nice sight - aluminum body with a multi-coat glass lens. They are also in Colorado so I get to keep some business in-state!

·
Read Only
45 Posts
round in chamber indicator i thought was two, and if the osp doesn't have the top indicator what about the one where the striker is or where a hammer would be. There should be a small pin that sticks out when chambered. At least that is how my subcompact 45 is. Be safe

·
Registered
499 Posts
round in chamber indicator i thought was two, and if the osp doesn't have the top indicator what about the one where the striker is or where a hammer would be. There should be a small pin that sticks out when chambered. At least that is how my subcompact 45 is. Be safe
The loaded chamber indicator consists of a witness hole on the top of the slide. The XDS models never had a striker indicator that the double stack guns have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
According to thearmorylife.com:

Springfield decided on the Shield RMS footprint for the cut, opening up a variety of sights that present a value to the shooter — including the Crimson Trace CTS-1500 sight that is available with the OSP as a package.

I ordered mine with the Crimson Trace CTS-1500 bundle, I'll report back if that version comes with more goodies or not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts